Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another Season Closes

Our 12th season of softball has come to a close. The season begins May 1 and seems to end a little later each year...August 30 was our last game. After tying for first place in our division for the regular season, we were knocked out of playoffs in the second round.

Since its such a long season, we make it a family affair. We have friends and family who are usually there and the girls love to dig in the dirt and run around. There is also usually a special snack involved...fruit snacks on game nights...yay! (I should actually give them fruit snacks more often...I found taking them away works very effectively as a punishment!).

Our commitment runs deep...Aiden was 36 hours old when he attended his first game. I was happy to give up the score-keeping job to my SIL Laryssa. Although I was usually happy to do it, I've enjoyed not doing it. Now I can be free to do potty trips behind a tree or car with the girls and feed the baby if necessary. I can also get involved in a conversation and loose track of a whole inning. ;)

To celebrate the season, we had a picnic hosted by our friends Connie and Eric. It was a beautiful (perfect, really) day and we had a good time hanging out with friends.



At the annual awards banquet last weekend Shaun was voted Coach of the Year for our division! No one can know the heart that he puts into the team each season. He deeply cares about his players and wants to help build character in them and show Christ. He keeps tedious stats on each player and knows the league rule book inside and out.

He is also highly competitive and wants to win and guys like playing for a winning team. I love to watch him in his element, passionate and wanting to have excellence in everything he does.
Its kind of a sick little pleasure, but I enjoy watching him in an argument. (I feel its important to mention here that these are more debates than arguments...he doesn't have a temper of even a mild degree). After being with him for 19 years, I know he is rarely wrong and its just fun to watch other people begrudgingly make the same discovery. He's very humble about this and only pulls it out when necessary, but in a head-to-head, my money's always on Shaun.

And, well...he just looks good in his uniform! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a fun summer and the ending to it too. I love the watermelon pic. And Aiden seems to have gotten bigger everytime I see a new picture of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics of the FAMILY "TEAM" makes my heart sing! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's great how much you enjoy supporting your hubby, and thinking that he looks awesome in his uniform is an even GREATER sign. :D great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.