Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Seven Weeks Old

Full disclosure time. On Monday I forgot it was Aiden's "birthday" until it was too late to do anything about it, so these pictures were taken on Tuesday...seven weeks and one day...that's why he looks SO old! What kind of mother forgets her child's birthday?? or maybe the better question is, what kind of mother obsessively documents it every week?

It kills the legalistic part of me to have taken his picture on the "wrong" day, but the fact that I'm being honest about it helps. I mean, he's seven weeks for a whole week, right?? And yes, I DO often have to tell myself to chill out!


Anyway...Baby Brother is doing great. He's sporting the slick-hair look right now because I've been using baby oil to work out his bad case of cradle cap. He had formula for the first time and my mom said his face didn't even register a change...he just likes to EAT!

He has smiled several times, but it is a faint, hesitant twitching of the lips, nothing defined or regular. He's doing better with eye contact, although he still does the eye-dart thing often.

He really enjoys his belly time and also likes to stand up while we hold his hands. He's pretty wobbly...well, very wobbly, but he likes it better than when we hold his sides to support him. Guess he thinks he's cooler if we are only holding his hands.

Classic picture. The girls lined themselves up, dressed in their normal get-ups, albeit "outfit" number 5? 6? of the day. Also classic is the mess in the tv room behind them. I wanted to crop it out, but that's how it looks 90% of the time and maybe one day I'll look back lovingly at the mess. :)

8 comments:

  1. Cute pictures - The last one is precious!!!! Happy 7 weeks and one day Aiden!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word. he is getting so big!! I love the last picture for many reasons..one, the kids are just way too cute!!! but also that you left the "mess". You have many years ahead of you to have a clean/put together house. You don't have many years with your kids that age!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute! I'm impressed you are still doing signs. Once we got to "one month" we skipped weeks and went to two months. Leave the mess. Then you can show the girls how much work they made for you one day when their mommies themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mess is just a sign of how much we were paying attention to them and not the house at that moment. Treasure those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Aiden shots as always - he is so cute and I love his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! i love his star outfit! And, i am OCD also & when I did my weekly belly pics, I forgot one Sunday & had to take it Monday, I was so annoyed at myself! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so cute! You will not regret taking weekly pictures. I took a weekly pic of Mason with a sign for the first 16 weeks and I LOVE looking at them all together. It'll be great to look back and see how much he's grown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kids look so big. Aiden looks a lot like Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.