Friday, November 6, 2009

Dress-Up

This year, for several reasons, we opted out of doing Halloween festivities with the kids.  We took them to the mall instead so they could play at the playscape.  I imagined it would be completely empty with everyone out trick or treating but actually all the stores were giving out candy so there were lots of kids.  Nearly half of those playing at the playscape were dressed in costume.  I kept waiting for one of the girls to ask me why but they never did.  They had to have noticed because, being girls, they are both quite observant.

Later I was thinking about it and it struck me funny.  WHY would they think anything was out of the ordinary?  Most days of the week they are dressed in some kind of getup, just because.  We try to keep it at a minimum in our house, but I doubt they would have thought it odd for some of the kids to be running around without clothing on either.  They noticed, but didn't think it odd or worth mentioning.  I wish I was so accepting of people....we can learn so much from our children, can't we?




At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure."
Luke 10:21

6 comments:

  1. I think you have your tooshie shot for I Heart Faces. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her little wedgie! So adorable. And familiar. A regular scene around our house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wedgie is so funny! That is definitely a picture to put aside for that wedding montage!! :)

    love your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo cute! my girls dressed up so much as kids, they wouldn't have noticed either....that would have seemed normal to them too! i love the innocence of childhood, and your girls are just adorable all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls are just too cute - I love the little wedge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.