Saturday, November 7, 2009

I Didn't Eat It

Yesterday morning I handed off Aiden to Avery for 30 seconds so I could use the bathroom.  He immediately pitched a fit and carried on the whole time even though she was talking to him, Ok, Bud, ok.  When I picked him back up and said, Aiden you don't need to cry like that when your sisters are holding you...they love you.  Avery said, That's ok Mom (as if she didn't want me "scolding" him).  Mom, he had a booger on his nose......I didn't eat it, I just wiped it off.  Thank God for little blessings and ewww!



Later that night I was bringing the girls home from their Rainbows program at church.  I always ask what their lesson was about and Avery usually pauses and says, God.  I seem to remember giving the same answer when I was little...very safe. 

She paused extra long and said, Jesus and some sick people.  Hmmm...I guess that narrows it down a little...better than "God".  Ok, I said, did the sick people go see Jesus or did Jesus go see themUmmm...there were ten sick guys.  Bingo, I think.  So, did all of the men tell Jesus "thank you" for healing them?  Ummmm....one guy went to say "good-bye" to Jesus, the others were at church or somewhere.

Well hey, its progress!

And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.

And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.

And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. A

nd Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

Luke 17:12-19

4 comments:

  1. yes, ewwww on the booger!!! and thankful she didn't eat it!! ha!

    my son used to always answer "Jesus"

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like something one of mine would say. I am trying real hard not to eat them, mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta love the little ones and their answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.