Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our Very Own Park

The girls have anxiously been awaiting the playscape we were preparing for. Up until now, our "backyard" was just a big woodpile, but Shaun cleared out a bunch of brush, moved his woodpile and made room for a play area. He set it up in the evening, so by the time it was done, darkness had fallen. The next morning the girls were ready to go try it out.

I have to say it is strange to look out the window and see a children's playscape in our yard. It makes me feel like a real parent. Kinda like the first time interviewing a potential pediatrician, dropping your baby off in the nursery for the first time or going to kindergarten registration (I imagine).

Avery's been calling it "our very own park" and they've proudly shown it to anyone who stops by. They go out as soon as they can get ready in the morning and they come in after dark in the evening. It brings us great pleasure to see them enjoying it so much...and getting fresh air, too!

Admitedly the backyard needs quite a bit of work since this is the first time its been used for something other than various stages in the firewood process. In time it will improve and hopefully they'll make lots of good memories out there in their little city lot.




Even Aiden got in on the action


This is the door that goes to our basement. I always think of The Secret Garden when I see it.

Sorry, I had to throw in another "morning clothes" picture. Avery said it was clothes to go to the park, complete with hat, mittens and sandals. Its actually a little freaky with the shoes and hat laying there too.

I made gardens and parks and planted all kinds of fruit trees in them.
Ecclesiastes 2:5

6 comments:

  1. I remember our first swing set in the back yard....not only was it fun to watch the kids, but it also provided me with a little "space". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the secret garden door. What a riot. Now we need to work on getting the little playhouse over to your park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for them. I love that Amanda goes up the slide. Symeon does that all the time as well and everywhere we go parents tell their kids not to and I always let Symeon go up the slide. It has crossed my mind that for some reason I can't figure out it is not a good idea but now I know I am in good company with at least one other mom. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. there will be lots of good memories made here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. way too sweeet!!! You and your girls are soooo sweet!!! I love it! Awe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pics as always! Glad I met you through the 365 project and thanks for the little view inside your family - you are so blessed.

    But time flies and commenting on each blog needs so much time...
    in fact that I miss you on my blog I´ll now have to say goodbye.

    Take care of you and your little family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.