Thursday, August 11, 2011

Another Milestone

To date its been my least favorite parenting task...potty training.  The girls defaulted to me because...well, they are girls, but I had high hopes of Shaun taking the lead with "the boy".  Didn't work out that way, so a couple weeks before his birthday I started in.  We spent three days trying, but I found, with the way things are right now, I just could not be in the bathroom with him as much as I was.  

I forgave myself for being a terrible mother and moved on.  Until two weeks ago when he started to show an interest.  He was asking to wear "Thomas", the character on his underwear and several other things that tipped me off that he was ready.  So we did it.  Took off the diaper and didn't look back.

They say boys are harder to train than girls...I didn't find that at all.  He's been 1000 times easier than Amanda was.

This is the first day.  We'd run out of dry underwear, so he went to Shaun's game without.  



 He couldn't be more adorable right now.  He'll come running into wherever I am and say, with urgency and excitement in his voice, Momma, go pee-pee!!  And then he runs to the bathroom.  When he's done, he says, Yay, Aiden!  Get fru-snack?  So we go in the kitchen, get a treat and he says thank you, Momma and runs off.
And yes, in between singing songs and reading Trucks, I've gotten the slightest bit of bathroom reading in. :)
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

11 comments:

  1. these pictures are so cute...the little bumm crack and the feet sticking out from the toilet...precious!!!

    have to tell you...driving is up their with potty training as my least favorite parenting task!! but I'm done with it ALL!! whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE that last picture - so cute! You guys are killing me - I was giving myself permission to not comment today & between you & Robin at Be Still & Know I just don't have that option :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love his feet hanging off the potty! Good job to Aiden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Aiden !!!! love the first picture and how darn cute are those feet sitting on the potty.
    Great job mom !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My FAVORITE is the last one with those tiny little piggies hanging off that potty. Great job, Lisa and Aiden. Sad and happy moment, knowing they have given up one of those "baby" stages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 out 4 of the'09 club potty-trained Time does march on! Cute pics of the milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet post for such a sweet guy! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yahhh Aiden! I am finding Marin much more difficult than Symeon but I guess I should not find that surprising! Loved our time together this last trip and missing you deeply these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - that is the CUTEST thing. Love that little baby bum. :) I cannot believe he is old enough to potty train already...

    Hey, did you get my email from a few weeks ago? I replied to your inquiry, and was just afraid that it might not have gone through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad I caught this post, adorable pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Y El Niño Si Se Encueran El Niño

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.