Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'll Catch Ya!

Thank you for your prayers for Avery.  She's on a slow mend and should be well within a couple weeks.  Her brother and sister have been really sweet.  Amanda has been making her bed and doing Avery's other chores for her and Aiden has been getting her tissues.  He walks past the downstairs bathroom, and goes all the way upstairs, gets some toilet paper and brings it down to her where she's laying on the couch...very sweet.

On Monday Avery had a hard time at the hospital leading up to the blood test.  She was understandably scared and feeling miserable.  I was sitting next to her holding an arm, Amanda and Aiden were standing next to me.  Amanda started to cry because Avery was crying and right in the middle of it all Aiden said, I gotta go potty!  Believe it or not, I was able to look down on the situation and find the humor in it.

Speaking of humor....

Amanda: Aiden, jump in...I'll catch ya!





Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust.
Psalm 16:1

7 comments:

  1. Continue to pray for Avery for a speedy recovery. Will she miss any school? Phil had mono when he was a freshman.

    Amanda and Avery too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. been praying for Avery. Isn't it sweet to see our kids rally around each other? I remember once when jason was getting shots...the nurse looked at me and said "I think you need to console that one!" Jason was fine, Alyssa was over on the side crying her eyes out for him!

    Ok, these pictures were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will pray for Avery's continued recovery. Funny pics. I have SOOO been in that situation before with 3 kids and having to find the humor in it to keep from crying myself. You do just have to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Avery! She is blessed to have such thoughtful siblings, though. Glad to hear she is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those pix are hilarious!!! Isn't it sweet to see that sibling love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor girl, I've had mono and it is indeed a bummer. Adding her to my prayers right now. How blessed she is to have such sweet, sensitive siblings to help her out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet!!! Praying for sweet Avery... :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.