Sunday, August 21, 2011

Project 365, Week 34

We are loving this weather and getting what we can out of summer.  Hard to believe (and sad to think about) that in a little over a month we'll start up the woodstove and be cold for six straight months.  Why am I even saying that?  We are in August...lovely, wonderful, warm, summery August.

Here's our week in pictures...looking through them, I was surprised to see I made it in two...must be a record! :)

August 14
I shot my second wedding of the weekend in MA.  My brother, who is a Chaplain in the RI National Guard officiated.  So fun to work together!
August 15
Took a very sick Avery to the doctor and then the hospital to find out she has Mono.  She fell asleep sitting in this chair and then again on the exam table and was the sickest I've ever seen her.  No way to know where she got it, since symptoms appear one month after you "catch it".

I know many of you have been praying for her, and I thank you for that.  
 August 16
Amanda and Aiden have both been a little lost without Avery, especially Amanda really misses her 24/7 playmate and best friend.
 August 17
I went to an evening workshop which dealt quite a bit with photographing children.  Though its not an area I want to specialize in, I figured it wouldn't hurt.
 August 18
Amanda made cookies for one of her friends on Shaun's softball team.  She took great care in decorating them as pretty as she could.
 Aiden was helping my test out the light for a mini photo session I was doing.
 August 19
Our August family photo!  I thought it was very appropriate that it be at the apartment where Shaun has lived for the last three months.
August 20
Shaun gave me the idea of a beautiful new location for photo shoots.  We started at 8 AM and it was such a great morning!

Big day for Avery...she lost her very first tooth!!  She was sitting around the table with her cousins and siblings, laughing and eating a hard roll and...out it came.  The kids broke out in a spontaneous song of "Happy Birthday".



6 comments:

  1. Loved all the kid pictures and that wonderful family shot at the end....my favorite this week was the black and white in the little car. That was absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Avery is feeling better. Glad she lost her first tooth. I remember what a big deal that was with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how fashionable Avery is - even sick - with her scarf - cute! That picture of Amanda & Aiden is just precious - as is the one of her concentrating on the cookie decorations. The picture of Aiden by himself? Pure Sean :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shot of Amanda and aiden in the car together.
    hope Avery gets to feeling better soon. glad you were able to find out what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved all your pics. My favorite was the black & white of the kids in the car. Hope Avery gets better soon, mono is no fun.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Avery, but good to know what you are dealing with.
    Photo fun w/ bro, neat/cool (what's the 'in' word now?)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.