Monday, August 1, 2011

Airpanes!

There is a small airport close to us so we see lots of little planes, or "airpanes!" as Aiden says (is twin engine the official name...I have no idea) flying.  The kids, mostly Aiden get really excited and I've been promising to take them closer in hopes of seeing some take off and land.  On Saturday we finally went.

The day was beautiful and the dam was a perfect vantage point.  We saw two take off and two land in the short time we were there.

I think this is such a pretty scene and it also makes me laugh.  Those "shorts" Avery is wearing are actually size 18 month jeans for a one-year old.  Silly girl.  :)
 If you read my photography blog, then this might be a spoiler...the Project 52 theme for this week is Sky, so I was thinking of that as I was shooting pictures.




Looks like that shirt is size 18-months, too.  They weren't modeling, just holding there hair since it was a little windy.  Aiden chose his shirt for the day...
Love hanging out with this crew!


God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
Genesis 1:8

2 comments:

  1. Skylar has a pair of capris that belong on a 24 month old that she wears as bermuda shorts. It is so funny to me, those girls with those tiny bodies. Skylar gets a kick out of wearing them now that she knows the story of when she wore them at a year old. Fun place to let those boys check out a shared interest. Pack a lunch some time, lets you justify staying longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent pictures - love the sky background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.