Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Storm Cleanup

We made the local paper!  The other day while my mom had the girls, Aiden and I were outside enjoying the day, picking up shingles.  The paper's photographer was going around taking pictures of people cleaning up after the storm.  I guess she thought Aiden was pretty cute because we made it to the front page.  :)  When she asked Aiden his name he said Aiden! and when she asked how old he is, he whipped out a hand and said Five!

Its a little embarrassing that our roof is so bad that shingles are flying off in large quantities, but the good news is I was not wearing a ponytail AND I had make-up on....that doesn't happen everyday around here, but how nice that it was on a day that a photographer came to visit.  Not that anyone cares, but I do. :)

I thought I'd also leave the stats from yesterday on power outages in our area.  Those percentages are crazy!  Shaun hooked up a power cord from his workshop to our neighbors house so they can run their refrigerator, etc and he loaned out the generator to some friends, but that's about all we can do to ease our conscience of having never lost power.  I hope to never live in a place that is not connected to city water....to me that makes all the difference when the power goes out.

Here are some pictures I took within a block of our house on Sunday night.  This morning when I took the dog out everything looked the same.





The LORD is slow to anger and great in power, And will not at all acquit the wicked.The LORD has His way In the whirlwind and in the storm, And the clouds are the dust of His feet.
Nahum 1:3

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Glad y'all are okay!! Cute pic, too! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you only suffered some relatively minor home damage! And of course you and Aiden are adorable cleaning up together. May God's grace pour out on those who are recovering from this storm in big ways and small.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.