Sunday, August 7, 2011

Project 365, Week 32


I'm listening to the sound of a soft rain coming down.  All is quiet in the house, except for the fish tank here in my office.  Ah...

This week I am particularly thankful for grandparents.  Pop and Kiki had a couple fun adventures planned and then Gram took the older two to her church's VBS for the week and kept them for the first two afternoons to go swim at the lake.  One of those days Aiden slept until 11 and then took a 3-hour nap, the other day he took a 5-hour nap.

Needless to say, that allowed me to get some stuff done.  I was a busy bee in my office trying to make a dent on my to-do list.  So, so thankful for the blessing of family and the support my parents have shown us during this temporary, intensely crazy time in our lives.

July 31
The Donut Man was in MA so my dad and his wife took my kids.  They have long enjoyed listening to him while riding in Pop and Kiki's van and sometimes we catch him on TV on Saturday mornings.  I remember him from when I was going to the kid's tent at the Jesus Praise Festivals.  The kids were impressed and they even got signed t-shirts and donuts. :)
 After, they went to the nearby Dr. Suess museum.  He's a favorite around our house....well, actually lots of houses, I imagine.
 August 1
Strange and beautiful weather evening.
I met this couple in Rhode Island for their engagement session, but I worked it out so we could also see my brother and his family. 
We got to see their new house for the first time and the four girls did lots of giggling and squealing.  They have such a great spot and I'm so glad they've made the move permanent to buy a house.  Yay!  These two first borns usually end up playing together, even though Lainie and Amanda are just two months apart.
 August 3
I haven't been as deliberate as I should be about taking my camera out and practicing.  I did today for a bit while Avery was working with Daddy.  These two got along great without her here.  It will be interesting to see what happens when school starts.

August 4
Last day of VBS since my mom was going away for the weekend.
 A wonderful girls night out.  This was the restaurant where we ate, our table was front and center there by the water.
 August 5
Shaun had a double-header.  The kids just love playing in the dirt with their friends watching Daddy play.



August 6
I took pictures during service and they were the only ones I ended up with for the day.  We have a wonderful music pastor.
I'm linking up with Sara today, who's been enduring 100 degree heat for forever.

3 comments:

  1. yea for grandparents!!!

    my kids LOVED the donut man when they were little!!! And he still looks the same...how does that happen?

    those clouds are so weird looking...did it rain?

    I always said that I just had to take 1 out of the mix and the kids got along great! didn't matter which one..ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get some things done this week. Looks like the kids had a great time.

    I love the setting for that restaurant - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those clouds were crazy looking!

    You took a great photo of your girl during your experiment with your camera day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.