Sunday, August 28, 2011

Project 365, Week 35

I'm scheduling this to post in the morning, because I'm not sure if we'll have power then or not.  We are waiting for Hurricane Irene to make an appearance...Shaun is responsible for five houses, so he had two full days of getting everything in order....getting the generator ready, making sure basement pumps are working, taking down deadish trees, taking bricks off our chimney that would blow off with a light breeze, removing window a/c's, etc, etc.

My porch flowers are in the house and none of our cars are parked under a tree.  Yeah, I think we are ready.  There is zero chance of flooding up on the hill where we are and being so far inland, but our thoughts are with those who are.  Its mind-boggling to think that NYC is being evacuated and the mass transit is shut down.  Crazy.  

I find it fascinating how far ahead they are able to track these storms...feels like we've known about it for nearly a week.  Well those of us (Shaun) who listen to or read the news once in a while.  


August 21
Cousin Trevor slept over and we went to the park.  It was before naptime and all Avery could do was sit, poor thing.  She's lost so much weight with loss of appetite and she didn't have an ounce to spare to begin with.
August 22
Aiden was given new garden tools and got right to work digging.

August 23
More time outside...trying to soak in these BEAUtiful days.
An airplane.
Shaun's last softball game.  Traditionally I get a team photo, but it didn't even cross my mind until I was putting this together.  They had a great season but didn't make it out of the second round of playoffs.  (sorry its a bad picture of you, Shaun...I only took one).
August 24
Went to visit this precious little guy who was born on the 23rd.  Oh, the sounds, the smells...just perfect in every way.  Can they prescribe anything for baby fever??
August 25
Daddy's woodpile is a great place to eat a popsicle (Trot-free zone).
Such a nut!  She lives life large and passionately...so inspiring!
Love summer feet.  :)
Later in the day my heart was heavy for some friends whose husband and father suffered a heart attack (he's going to be ok).  Such a reminder of how precious and short life is and that we don't really call the shots.

August 26
This was my view from the top of the hill where I was standing, throwing the tennis ball to the dog.  Not too shabby!
I packed a picnic lunch and we went to a local state park, all of us together.  Such a treat!
This poor toad saw his life flash before his eyes.

August 27
Storm prep...you can see how bad the chimney is, especially compared to the one he already rebuilt.  After, we had a family brick-picking-up party.


11 comments:

  1. praying for all on the East coast. Can't even imagine. Be safe !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you faired well in the storm. looks like you had a great week before hand at least

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in South Florida and have weathered many. I will be praying for you and yours...and safety. Looks like you are very prepared. I loved your pictures this week...the bare dusty feet was my favorite shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that pic of poor Avery - I hope she gets to feeling better soon (although I know it will take a while).

    ReplyDelete
  5. the cure for baby fever is...teenagers. :)

    is Avery feeling better? I know it is a long haul to get over mono...ugh!

    Praying for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Avery is on the road to recovery! I still haven't found a cure for baby fever.

    Have a great week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you all fair the storm safely.

    Love the summer feet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the summer feet picture, and the one of aiden on the porch on his tricycle.
    hope your sweet girl perks up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable kid pics!
    Poor Avery, so young.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear sweet Avery praying she is feeling better soon! Hope you weathered the storm alright. Please let me know if there is a prescription for baby fever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the summer feet! Watching young ones play hard is such a treat!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.