Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We'll Find It!

*Aiden: I wanna brush teeth
Me: Ok.  (rumaging through drawer) Where's your toothpaste?
Aiden: I pud it back.
Me:  Hmm...I don't see it.
Aiden:  We'll find it!

Am I really having conversations like this with a 24 month old??

*Avery was sitting in my lap snuggling with me, playing with my hair a little.  She says, Mom, I like your pretty highlights.  And I really liked that white one.  Yeah, the white "highlights are free.  :)

*Yesterday, we pulled up to where Shaun is working.  I said, Aiden, do you want to go in and see Daddy?  He said, yeah, I as-cited!

Amanda told me the other day Mom, sometimes I don't feel as pretty as Avery.  Naturally I dropped everything I was doing to affirm her and to find out where those thoughts were coming from.  She said, Well, she dresses up and wears like glasses and I wear...my soccer shirt.

Ha!  Welcome to the club, Missy...I've been feeling like that next to my sisters for many years.  :)  Of course I didn't say that, I actually felt sad that she is already noticing such things and thinks that being fashion-challenged is somehow inferior to those can accessorize even when they are going to play at the park.

*The girls were helping me at the grocery store and stopped at the packaged chicken feet.  After we all took turns saying ewww, Avery put the package back and said, Well, I guess chicken's don't bite their nails.


How's that for a thought of the day??

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
I Peter 3:3-4

8 comments:

  1. Can you find a recipe for chicken feet on Allrecipes.com? Maybe I'll check. I agree with the eewww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with the eewww - let me know how that recipe hunt goes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to say, by far, the chicken feet and the nails was my favorite comment. Oh, how sweet to capture those moments of sincere thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these snippets of your day. I feel sad for Amanda too - she shouldn't have to be a part of that craziness yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha! Glad you're documenting it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.