Thursday, December 3, 2009

Boston Ballet

Ever since I was 16 and Shaun and I were officially allowed to date, he's taken me to see The Nutcracker ballet around Christmas.  At first we went to the show that was presented at UCONN but then one year they didn't have it.  Shaun thought the Boston Ballet was the next logical choice and that first year we went we were blown away by the performance...totally impressed!  I can tell you with certainty neither one of us ever imagined one day we'd be bringing our daughters with us!

Since they are both in Nutcracker performances this year, we thought it would be fun to have them sit through a performance and be able to see it from start to finish.  In order for it to happen before, we had to squeeze it into Thanksgiving weekend.

We headed up to Boston for the 1:00 matinee.  Once there we went to a realy fancy restaurant for a bite to eat then walked across the street to the Opera House, where all of the Boston Ballet's performances are now held.



I just love this picture.  I can sense their excitement and they are in step with each other.


A few of the characters were out in the lobby beforehand.  One girl really wanted to meet the bear and one girl really did not want to....you don't need the picture to know which was which.  :)


The theater was beautiful and they do an amazing job with the sets and lighting and special effects.



The girls are at such a fun age to do stuff with because they are star-struck by everything.  It is all large-than-life and magical to them...what a joy to see life through their eyes.  Avery's new words are "wow" and "cool" and I heard them dozens of times on Saturday.


The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

Deuteronomy 29:29

4 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! Wish I had known you lived out there when my hubby did the bike race in Boston in September - it would have been so fun to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I did not already love this post because it involves taking the girls to the ballet in Boston...the matching, Christmas plaid dresses pushed it OVER THE TOP! Too much sweetness, I can hardly stand it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a WONDERFUL memory! i have always wanted to take my girls to the Nutcracker, and my sister in law and i are trying to fit it in this year! i am so excited! ...those are precious pictures you captured by the way, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So special! Your smile in the family photo says it all...how much this means to you. The photo of the two of them from behind almost made me cry...awe!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.