Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Family Photos

Last week there was a photographer's meet-up at a beautiful park on the water.  We were paired up and took turns photographing each other's families.  

It was interesting being on the otherside of the camera.  Even the "what do we wear" was a challenge.  In our case, I knew the best place to start answering that question was with my six-year old fashionista.  The girl's got style and very strong opinions about what she wears so I wanted her to be happy with what she had on.  Coincidently, she had just gotten two pretty, coordinating sundresses for her birthday and as soon as she produced those, I knew we had a starting point!

Truth be know, Avery was responsible for 90% of the wardrobe decisions.  The weather was beautiful and the kids were cooperative.

Shaun is NOT a fan of having posed pictures taken but he went without complaint, even though it took a large chunk of his evening when he really should have been working.  It spoke volumes of love to me that he went along with it and even took us out to dinner after to complete our family time together.

These are so special to me, I'm thankful we took the time.  If you've been toying with the idea of doing this for your family, do it.  It doesn't have to be fancy, just get everyone together.















God sets the solitary in families
Psalm 68:6

6 comments:

  1. Nice job Avery !!!! I love all the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! These are ALL so good. what a beautiful family you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great - but I think my favorite one is the 10th one down - that look on Aiden's face is just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of them! Especially all the different faces Aiden was making...could squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one, the one of the 3 kids where Avery is holding Aiden and the black and white one of all 5 of you walking away. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa - these turned out so amazing! I really love the one of the 3 kids, with Avery holding Aiden, and his cute expression. Also - your girl has some serious talent in fasion - she reminds me of Savannah in that aspect, as she always has VERY DEFINITE ideas of what she likes/doesn't like. I find myself consulting a 5 year old on things I buy for myself - ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.