Sunday, July 3, 2011

Project 365, Week 27

What a week!  I have a few more than seven pictures here, but our week was, um...full.  I actually was pushed to my limits of what I think I can handle.  You'll see it was all really fun stuff, but the time period that it all happened in was just a little too short for me.  By God's grace and with the invaluable help of my dear family, we got it done.  And, the weather was nearly perfect and that was such a treat!

I have to say, I am thankful for the relative emptiness of this week's calendar....except for Shaun, who continues to plug away with his 80-hour weeks.  


June 26
Since Shaun's dad and grandparents were in town we took the opportunity to have a picnic at Shaun's sister's house.  Again, the weather was beautiful and we enjoyed sitting out in it, watching the kids be kids.

All the cousins...
 June 27
First day of VBS (Vacation Bible School)!  The girls quickly got with their groups and settled in among the other 180 kids.
 I had two nephews and a niece on the praise team.
 We got home, I shoved some lunch at the kids and we said goodbye to Nana and Grandpa John who'd been staying with us since Thursday but were heading back to Florida.  I dropped the kids off at grandparents and drove 2 hours to Boston for a photography conference.

The girl in the pink messaged me that morning asking if I wanted to meet before and the girl in black introduced herself as we were meeting.  Someone asked if we all came together....no, we've known each other for 30 minutes now.  :)   Gotta love the internet!  It was a great night, then I did the trip back home, falling into bed after 1 AM (which isn't late, except my body...and the dog...are used to getting up at 5).

 June 28
VBS, Day 2
Each day I took Aiden in to hear the opening assembly because he knew all the songs from the CD that's been playing in our car for weeks.  He and his cousin Rocco were happy to see each other.
That evening I made sandwiches for dinner, which the kids ate on the way to different grandparents house, then I drove an hour to Providence to meet with potential wedding clients.  They were a really sweet couple and I'm doing their wedding in August, before he deploys!
When I went to pick up the kids from my moms, they were having tons of fun, especially with two of their cousins who were spending the night.  I packed them up and we went to the second game of Shaun's double-header softball.
June 29
VBS, Day 3
It was cousin Trevor's birthday and all he really wanted was his cousins to go to CEC with him....all but two made it!

 Before going home, we drove by the building where Shaun's been living working, just in time to catch this fancy trick.  Such a shame Aiden slept through it.
 Shaun got home about 8 with pizza, got the kids dinner and to bed while I shut my office door and worked on my one page list of things that had to be taken care of.

June 30
VBS, Day 4
My sister took the kids home from VBS so I could go to a work function.  Then I sat in rush hour traffic, made worse by an accident, going directly to UCONN where I was doing an engagement shoot that had already been rescheduled twice because of rain.

By that point, I had the kind of headache that makes it hard to walk, coupled with nausea that got worse as the evening progressed.  I muscled through the session and hopefully my clients were none the wiser.  
 July 1
VBS, Day 5
I went in to the girls room and the beds were empty, except for the stuffed animals placed neatly on top.  Shaun had spent the evening at church working on a project and brought the kids with him while I was doing the engagement session.  When it started to get late my sister took them to her house.  Good thing, because Shaun ended up getting home about midnight.

I gave them a quick lunch, put Aiden down for a nap and got on a three-hour conference call.  Mercifully, that's how long Aiden slept, too.

The girls were "hired" to water our neighbor's flowers for this week while they were away and we all went over and spent an extra long time.  As you might imagine, they got side-tracked pretty quickly on a summer evening with a hose in their hands.
July 2
I thought the stage looked pretty at church for the Fourth of July celebrations.
Have a fabulous 4th of July!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa...I got exhausted just reading all of that! Bless your heart, you have been a busy gal!!!!

    Loved the pictures of the kids. They are so cute.

    We had two of our granddaughters for a week of VBS. I had fun getting them up and fed and off to VBS esch day, and then we played each afternoon...movies, pool, water park etc.

    I hope you will have a lovely Sunday and a great 4th of July! We are celebrating here and including two family member's birthdays.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness...busy, busy...made me tired ;)
    precious childrens as alwyas
    love all the vbs shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy I'm worn out from all that too. The VBS OR all the work stuff would have been crazy - but all on the same week - whew!

    Fortunately your kids are really cute so I'm sure that makes it worth it. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the VBS pictures each day. I love VBS. Your week was exhausting. I loved the engagement picture you shared even though you may not have been top notched....it was very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it's true God never gives us more than we can handle, or He sends help. It's great that you have your sister close.
    Enjoy the rest of your quieter week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.