Monday, July 25, 2011

Project 365, Week 30

There are a few of you who have expressed to me that you look forward to my Sunday P365 posts and to you I apologize for leaving you hanging for two day.  Got to bed at 4 AM Sunday morning.  Being a single, working mom is catching up with me. :)

It was a hot week here, so the kids and I were happy to take advantage of the water available to us.  My dear friend for forever was visiting with her two kids and we got some great time together.   I will pay for it, but it was fun to pretend for a couple mornings that I am just a stay-at-home mom who can just be hanging out in the water with her kids, family and friends.

July 17
I woke the kids up to go to church where I was taking pictures for our new website...they aren't used to Sunday AM church, clearly. 
In the evening we took a walk to the river so the dog and girls could swim and Aiden could throw rocks in the river.  For the first time, Avery rode her bike.  She is Miss Safety and was fearful of the downhills at first, but quickly caught on.  She mentioned several times that I was right about it being easier than walking.  I think its important to document everytime my kids tell me I was right. :)
 Shaun's brother Micah and his fiance just bought a house about a mile from ours, so we went to check it out and hang out with the family.  The toddlers did good sharing chips.
 July 18
Our neighbor took the girls for the afternoon.  She wanted to thank them for watering her flowers while she was away so they did an afternoon tea with sandwiches (got to keep the real teacups) and watched a movie in their home theater, complete with candy.  They came home with tea cups with $10, candy and big huge smiles.  We love our neighbors!
 July 19
We met up with my friend Shelva and her two kids, intending to do the splash park, but the kids voted unanimously to do the river instead.  It was a little harder to watch them that way, but they had a blast.
 July 20
We went to Shelva's aunt's house to swim.  It was nice to spend time with her aunt and to get in the pool with the kids.  The strangeness still hits me that somehow all these years have passed and we are now the moms taking care of the kids instead of being the carefree kids.  Really....when does that happen??
 July 21
See what I mean?  I was living the good life this week!  Another water day, this time Shelva and I met up with my mom, SIL Elizabeth and her crew at my sister's house.  It was fun but not relaxing...we were in charge of 13 kids ten and under, including four two-year olds who think they know how to jump in and swim, but don't.

After a three-week summer break, the guys had a double-header softball game.  Game time temps in the 90's with extreme humidity.
July 22
Pretty flowers outside of the church where the wedding rehearsal was.
July 23
One of my favorite shots of the day.  Since blogs are all about opinions, I thought I'd get yours.  How do you feel about the grass?  I like it because 1. its green and 2. I think it adds to the overall feel of the photo.  My sister, who has different tastes in photos and always feels free to share her opinion (love ya, Aim!) feels the grass is distracting and thinks I should edit it out, which I can do with a little time.  Its a bit "modern" so some might not even like it at all.  What are your thoughts?


10 comments:

  1. ooo goodie...a question...I can see how the pop of color works...but! I am so battling grass on my walkways and it drives me crazy! So, I vote for - edit it out. Let the dresses speek for themselves. If the blacktop was a lawn...that would be nice...beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the one of Avery Sleeping... AWE... that is one you will love in 20 years!!! So glad to see you got to play this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be contrary and LIKE the grass - it almost gives a mossy feeling to the building. However, if you're going for a modern look then I'd edit it out because I think southern plantation with it in there.

    Love the teacup picture - your neighbor is GREAT! And I'm glad that Avery is getting used to her bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it change anything knowing that the building has been deserted for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  5. IMHO - The building doesn't look quite "abandoned" enough in this photo to make the grass appear like it belongs. Before you even mentioned it, I did notice it, and not favorably...I'm with Amy on that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the grass adds to the character of the building. Go for realism.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo! But I think the grass is a bit distracting and makes it look a little 'messy' :)

    It looks like you've had some great fun lately! I wish I had been there to hang out with you and Shelva and all the kids!

    Your kids just get more and more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But the wedding pictures are gorgeous, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the grass. Either way the pics are gorgeous.

    I believe it IS important to document when someone says you're right :) I need to do that (when I hear it - I'm waiting - haha)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lis---this is a different pic. It's not as distracting here. In the other photo the vantage point was AT the grass swooping up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.