Sunday, July 31, 2011

Project 365, Week 31

This turned out to be a strange week in regards to P365.  Not entirely sure what happened but I'll do my best to piece it all together.  So, so happy its summer and the weather is amazing...trying not to take even one warm day for granted.

July 24
No picture, kind of on purpose.  I took thousands of pictures in the heat on Saturday at a wedding and I had no desire to take my camera out.  Shaun woke me up at 9:30 AM (unheard of for me, although I got to bed about 4) and he took me out to the bagel shop on his way to the home goods store.  My dad kept the kids for another day, so I was able to get some work done.

July 25
We went to the apartment building to do some yard work and the kids were "helping".


July 26
We had severe storms with a tornado touching down in our town.  I had no clue until my dad called the next morning to make sure we were ok.  Our power never even flickered out but a roof blew off and lots of big trees were lost.
 Avery thought it prudent to stay under the cover of the porch...
 ...you can guess where Amanda headed.
 The rain cancelled Daddy's softball game so he got in a little time with the kids.  The name of this book is called Tickle Monster.  Very cute.
 July 27
Since my brother and his family were visiting my sister we joined them for a couple hours and got a swim in.
 I also got to do a six-month photo shoot with my nephew.
July 28
Again, no picture.   The kids slept at my sister's house the night before and were gone til late afternoon.  Aiden slept until 11 AM and then took a three hour nap so I was checking stuff off my list like crazy.  My mom came and watched the kids for the evening so I could go help Shaun at the apartment.

July 29
Auntie Sarah and Jared made a quick visit and took the kids to DQ but I didn't think to get a picture.

Amanda had me do her hair in a side pony tail so she asked someone to take her picture so she could see.  Then she wanted her whole body in the frame and I watched in surprise as she posed herself for it.

Little tip for you ladies...in order to appear thinner in photos, kick your back hip back, putting most of your weigh on your back foot.
 The girls had a fun time during the softball game, as always.  Avery has re-connected with her friend just three months older and they've been having so much fun.
 July 30
We took a walk on the local dam.

A rare photo of me, so I'm posting it.  Think I could fit any more freckles on that face?
 Another bloody mess in the kitchen.  Some paper towels, ice, snuggles and a popsicle and he was good as new.
Oh, and the consensus on the photo from last week is that I should edit out the grass.  Thanks for your input!

6 comments:

  1. It looks like great time spent with your family!

    Have a great week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad y'all are ok....even though you didn't kow you were in any danger, lol.
    my favorite this week is the one of your husband reading to your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great shots..,
    always love baby toes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom was a massively freckled woman - your picture made me nostalgic :)

    Love the shot of Amanda posing - too cute! But the win for this week is the Tickle Monster :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the picture of your husband with the kids....great picture!

    and I am SO glad to know that to appear thinner in photos, I need to kick my hip back, putting most of my weigh on my back foot....this is invaluable info to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great pictures. My favorite one is the child on the path way. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.