Sunday, May 27, 2012

Project 365, Week 21

We were the recipients of some beautiful weather this week.  It was also clouded a bit with some good old-fashioned (extended) family drama but even in it, God was so faithful.

His presence was so real to me as 1) I ran in the rain one afternoon, 2) He gave me (an already scheduled) night out with wonderful friends who are such an encouragement and, 3) out of the blue, I was singing Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above, sweep over my spirit forever I pray, in fathomless billows of love....it came to me as Aiden and I were snuggled together, his head on my shoulder, warm arms wrapped around me in a still-sleepy state from the night....it gave me a clear perspective!

We re-enacted it another day...for fun and for the memory.  :)


So thankful.

May 20
Sunday morning before I headed to Avery's dance recital and an engagement shoot, we all did some yard work.  Shaun pulled a couple nuisance bushes.
 The kids were delighted to get a ride in the back of the pick-up.
 My hard worker.
 May 21
This was Bulky Waste Pick-Up week in our town so we had the "pleasure" of walking past mounds and mounds of garbage everyday as we went back and forth to school.  Some of the pile were simply unbelievable.  Mattresses, couches, tires, bag after black bag and on and on.  To think that that amount of garbage came from one home...where has it been these last six months since the last pick-up??

Call me a dork, but over the week I made up my own little game of choosing a house, or pile if you will, to win the grand prize.  It was tempting to go with the sheer volume piles, but at last this Christmas tree took the cake for me.  Christmas in May!
May 22
Amanda and I went to Avery's school to help with Earth Day.  The entire school pitched in to pull weeds, plant flowers, pick up trash, clean lockers, etc. It rained pretty good for the time we were outside...we all got pretty soaked but everything looks nice. 

Later, we went in and the kids wrote about their day.  Amanda was a little shy but also tickled to be there.  I just laughed to myself at what a different story it will be next school year when she is attending. :)
May 23
I joined this little guy out on the porch for a bit as he ate his popsicle and happily sang and talked.
 When he was done, he wanted to take a picture of me.  Since some of it is in focus, I thought I'd include it.
 May 24
Dinner (and treats) with a few amazing women.  So very thankful God has placed them in my life.
May 25
Oh, how I will miss Amanda's presence in the house next year.
I spotted this group coming up the walk and my heart was filled.  I am so very blessed.

We met Shaun's sister and her family at their grandparents house, which is basically in the middle of us.  The boys went to play a half-round of golf and us girls hung back at the house.

Not sure what conversation Amanda and Auntie were having, though there's a really good chance a couple family secrets were divulged...Amanda's been in that stage for about three years now.  :)
 Amanda has such a tender heart and looks for ways to bless people.
May 26
Second quarter birthday bash!  We celebrated Shaun, Chris (who both do taxes and who both share an April 15 birthday) and Kiki, who all represent a different decade.  Then the kids, all of whose ages are impossible to believe....Avery 7, Trevor 6, Madison 10, Rocco 3, Levi 3.   Seriously....where does the time go??

I didn't know any of the verses, but when I finally looked it up, I thought they were pretty amazing:


(1) Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight

Rolls a melody sweeter than psalm;

In celestial strains it unceasingly falls

O'er my soul like an infinite calm.

Peace, peace, wonderful peace,

Coming down from the Father above!

Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray

In fathomless billows of love!
(2) What a treasure I have in this wonderful peace,

Buried deep in the heart of my soul,

So secure that no power can mine it away,

While the years of eternity roll!

Peace, peace, wonderful peace,

Coming down from the Father above!

Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray

In fathomless billows of love!
(3) I am resting tonight in this wonderful peace,

Resting sweetly in Jesus' control;

For I'm kept from all danger by night and by day,

And His glory is flooding my soul!

Peace, peace, wonderful peace,

Coming down from the Father above!

Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray

In fathomless billows of love!
(4) And I think when I rise to that city of peace,

Where the Anchor of peace I shall see,

That one strain of the song which the ransomed will sing

In that heavenly kingdom will be:

Peace, peace, wonderful peace,

Coming down from the Father above!

Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray

In fathomless billows of love!
(5) Ah, soul! are you here without comfort and rest,

Marching down the rough pathway of time?

Make Jesus your Friend ere the shadows grow dark;

O accept of this peace so sublime!

Peace, peace, wonderful peace,

Coming down from the Father above!

Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray

In fathomless billows of love!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the family drama - but that song is an amazing gift!

    I hope we're still communicating (& doing P365?) when Amanda launches herself into the world - I'm really curious to see what she does with herself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.