Sunday, May 13, 2012

Project 365, Week 19

Happy Mother's Day!  I've read some beautiful posts on mothers, many of them this year have to do with being you....being the woman you were created to be instead of trying to be like moms you read about online...blogs, pinterest, facebook.  To believe that you truly are THE best mom for your children despite the list of shortcomings that you think should disqualify you.

I also love the following from one of my favorites, Home Sanctuary....trusting God to fill in my (countless) gaps:

Being a mom is.......well, being a mom is........

I tried to think of a word that summarizes motherhood and felt a rush of words hit my head all at once. 

Wonderous, miraculous, amazing, hard, frustrating, exhausting, incredible, confusing, sacrificing, tough.....it is all those things at the same time - and more.

I remember my first Mother's Day, and the feeling of being on the threshold of an amazing journey. I held my baby Lauren, with her fuzzy red hair and blue eyes, and couldn't imagine anything more beautiful. I had no way of seeing what was ahead of me, but I wish I could have caught a glimpse into the future so I could see how that baby turned into a beautiful young woman. How my other two children would grow and we'd all make it through the rough patches to the other side. How in spite of my inadequacies, these kids would become amazing people.

Maybe the word I'm looking for has to do with trust. Each day, a mom has to trust that God will help her do her best to raise her children, and trust that He will fill in all the gaps that she misses. She has to trust Him to keep those kids safe from harm and trust that He will give them wisdom as they grow. A mom has to trust that God knew what He was doing when He put her family together.

This Mother's Day, I pray that you will rest in that trust. Know that the One you have put your faith in is TRUSTWORTHY and will make something beautiful out of your family. No matter where you are on your motherhood journey, take time to sit back and appreciate how far you've come....and know that whatever lies ahead, you'll never go alone. The Lord is with you, sweet Momma....you can trust Him.


And onto our week...

May 6
We went to the park for fresh air and exercise.
 Grandma met us there and we realized we all had on Maine shirts.  :)
It was also the final performance of Lost in Vegas.  Since it was a school night, only Amanda went with Shaun.  Afterwards everyone pitched in to tear down...Amanda's the upside down one here.  :)

 May 7
I had a photo shoot in a beautiful park...the ducks were plentiful and busy.
The girls were paying close attention at Z's baseball game.  :)

May 8
During soccer, Aiden was hard at work while Trot was swimming.
 Matching girls.

May 9
Not sure why the bathing suit decision, but Amanda tries to copy Avery every chance she gets.  So far Avery's been ok with it.
May 10
Happy that the rain let up so we can be outside!
May 11
Avery's school held a special service for the Crowning of Mary.  From what I gathered, its a big deal.  Avery has mildly complained before about how boring Mass is and I usually jump into a lecture about how its the same Jesus that we are all praying to and that she can have her own special time in her own heart.

On our walk home after this particular service, with countless Hail Mary's recited, among other rituals I did not understand, I had no lecture for her...we actually just had a fun discussion.  Many things I do not understand....I sure do love time with my girl though.  :)

May 12
My gang took me out to dinner after church.  They are getting so big...when Daddy asked where should we take Mommy for Mother's Day? no one answered Chuck E.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Lisa !!!!

    What a great post and reminder - thanks !!!

    AS always love the pics of your kiddos.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of your laughing girls - they're so beautiful. And that Aiden is just TOO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.