Friday, May 18, 2012

Random Friday

I realized I have blogged every day this week, so I thought I'd round it out with a random post, completing the week.  We like random, right?

God's presence has been so needed and so sweet this week.  I've been deliberate to add extra minutes to my time with God and He met me!  If I sound super-spiritual, don't believe it.  When I increase my time with God its because I'm feeling more in need of Him....more inadequate, less loving.  It means life has gotten to be too much about me, it means I need an extra portion of grace.

We were under great pressure...so that we despaired even of life...But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.  II Corinthians 1: 8-9

We take so much for granted in life, don't we?  I've realized just how much I've done this by the act of living with another man.  Toilet seat?  Up.  Dirty, smelly socks?  Scattered on the bedroom floor.  Toothpaste?  Cap off, smeared on sink, squeezed wrong.  Etc.  Shaun has been so good about all those things our entire married life....and I didn't even know.  As if I needed a reason to love him more.

Thanks to all the stars aligning, I have a date with that man tonight and I am over-the-moon excited.  It has been, uh....so long.  We have gotten good about tucking in pockets of time here and there, but let's face it...a conversation is just not the same when you have four little faces staring at you, bodies all fidgety, waiting to say the things they are nearly bursting with.  You know, like when we go to Florida next year can I sit in the middle? and other such pressing things.

We are looking at another "perfect 10" day here and I am so grateful.  Life is just a little bit sweeter when its a sunny 75-80 degrees, ya know?

It was afternoon yesterday and Amanda still was not dressed.  I asked her why:
Well, if I wait then I don't have to get two clothes dirty.  I have to wait til Avery gets home to see what she is going to wear.  I've tried to wear her uniform, but I can't so I don't want to change two times and get the first clothes dirty.  I just have to wait until Avery gets home so I can be matching.


I had to commend her logic.

For such an independent person, she certainly does look to her sister on a lot of things.  Reminds me they are BOTH watching my every move.  Some things they will embrace, others they will reject.  My prayer, which comes out more like pleading, is that God would cover my many gaps and that somehow they would grow up to be amazing women in spite of, and probably even because of, my failings and shortcomings.  He IS able!

I'll leave you with "my song" from this week...

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.