Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Random Conversations

I love getting time with my girls...today we were together while we did the usual Tuesday voice lessons/dance class run.  Here's a few excerpts from our conversations.

(between me and Amanda)

Mom, I'm hungry.
Well, you two spent so much time fooling around that you didn't have time to grab a snack.  
But Mom...we're just excited to see each other when Avery comes home 'cause she's at school all day.
Yes, but you girls know its Tuesday and we have only a little time to get out the door.
I didn't know it was Tuesday!  I never know what day it is.  All day I didn't know that it was a busy day.

Ah...the blissfulness of being a home-schooled five year-old!


Again Amanda, while we waited in the car during Avery's dance class

(looking in the rearview mirror) Mom, how's my hair like this?
(thinking crazy...its always crazy, you Wild Child)  You are beautiful, Amanda.
Aww...so are you Mom!  I always think you are beautiful, even if no one else thinks you are, I do.
Then she proceeded to crawl out of the car window Dukes of Hazard style


On the way home with Avery

Mom, Miss C cut her (formerly butt-length) hair!  I want to cut mine!
Sure, we could give you a trim.  How short do you want to go?  Actually, you might even have enough to donate.
(stop here to explain "donating hair" to Amanda)
No, I don't want to donate it, just a trim.  Can we go to the salon tonight?
Its a little late, Sweety, I'm not sure if any are open.
Well, maybe we can go tomorrow.  Do you even KNOW where any salon is??






He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

II Samuel 22:20















2 comments:

  1. So sweet! And for the record, you are beautiful! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little things kiddos say! I admire A & A's spirit! I need to write down more of the bits Si comes up with.

    And yes, you are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.