Monday, May 14, 2012

Rejoicing in my Heart

My Mother's Day was sunny and 80 degrees and I was with my family...I really didn't need a whole lot more than that. 

Avery was awake early, so she snuggled in the stroller and we took the dog for a very long walk...she actually thought the hour, twenty minute walk was too long, but I really enjoyed getting that one-on-one time with her...she's getting so grown-up.

When we got back, Daddy and Amanda were curled up on the couch watching CMT, so we joined them.  Shaun said, you girls have the best momma in the whole world.  The girls quickly joined in saying yeah, Momma...you're the best!  I said, Well, I have the best kids, too.  And Amanda said, kind of in a back-handed whispered confession to me, Mom, we're just trying to make you feel good because its Mother's Day.  :)

At 10:45 I went in to wake up Aiden for the day.  He acted like it was 3 AM and why in the world was I waking him up?!?  We walked down to breakfast but when we saw that the line was out to the sidewalk, I vetoed that plan...it was just too nice out.

Instead Shaun and the kids made a beautiful breakfast for me while I got to work on the yard.




After breakfast, they came out and joined me.  We worked at our house and at one of the apartments.  Being with my family, warm weather, getting exercise while being productive....that is always a winning combination with me.

Aiden was SOOOO excited about the lawnmower.  He was clapping and dancing around and then wanted to race Shaun up and down.  He is SUCH a boy!






 This is the little guy who was causing all the commotion.  I actually used to be quite afraid of snakes, but I've learned to temper it so I don't pass that (mostly irrational) fear onto my children.  I actually found and pointed this one out to them, instead of shrieking and running in the opposite direction for fear of...???
 Shaun's mom came over for a little front porch sitting....
 ...and then we headed out close to where my mom lives.  My sister and her family met us there and we had a picnic and play time.









 Our May family photo!  I thank God for all I've been given at the end of everyday...I have been blessed.
You have put more joy and rejoicing in my heart than [they know] when their wheat and new wine have yielded abundantly.
Psalm 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.