Tuesday, September 18, 2012

O My Son

99% of the clothes Aiden has ever worn have been gifts or hand-me-downs.  Symeon is his biggest contributor and he just loves to go through a new bag of goodies.  

When I found out I was having a boy I was sure I'd be dressing him until he was 13...SO not the case...Aiden has tastes and opinions all his own. 

When he found a couple ties that would go with the shirt "just like Pop's" he was elated.  We both agreed it called for an impromptu photoshoot.  Eight minutes start to finish yielded some photos I will cherish forever.  This boy has my heart in its entirety.

He regularly tells me Mommy, I love you SO much!  Mommy, you're pecial.  Mommy, you look pwitty.  Who doesn't love hearing that 8 to 30 times a day??

 Everyday, it seems, he's trying out new words and phrases...

Where is my thing-a-majigger?
I decided...
Wait up!
Maybe later...
Just in case...
I have a good idea!

Last week his word was "jealous", though he didn't quite know how to use it, so it always came out funny.  I'm so jealous that I get hot chocolate!

 Today Shaun and I were making out hugging in the kitchen and Aiden walked in and said, Are you guys having a wedding day?


 I'm so very thankful for his heart, his smile that never goes away, for the gift he is to all of us.  My heart can scarcely contain it all.

.
O my son, O son of my womb,
    O son of my vows...
Proverbs 31:2


5 comments:

  1. What "pecial" pictures. There is something anout those little boys and their mama's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! He sure is a heart stopper! Very special guy. The other day it was "What in tarnation."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love him! He is seriously, SO cute! His little dark eyes are what get me. And such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love this little guy! So sweet and so cute! Stops my heart and brings me down memory lane. I remember when Symeon wore that tie on Easter and those were my favorite pants. Did my heart good this morning thanks! Oh our sons so special indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.