Sunday, September 30, 2012

Project 365, Week 39

The kids and I are back from MA and they are all tucked in bed.  Shaun and crew should be done with the show in about 9:45 and then begins the three-hour take down and then the two hour ride home.  I wish we could have stayed, but I was trying to be a responsible parent and have my kids somewhat ready to attend school in the morning....they didn't get a whole lot of sleep this weekend.

This week contained some stress, which is strange because I rarely use that word.  A tough work meeting and some really bad traffic did it for me.  Makes me extra thankful I'm in the troughs of training for a half marathon.  Running 25-30 miles a week is one of the very best stress busters I can think of.

September 23
Sunday was such a beautiful fall day and I got to be out in it shooting a couple families for one of my fall sessions.  I had a great time but as time wore on my headache intensified....by the time I finished up I was nauseous from it, too....I thought it was because I'd done my long run that morning and hadn't had a chance to eat or drink...
September 24
...but the next morning I still wasn't feeling great so Shaun offered to go to the grocery store with me.  I had to photograph the occasion because this simply doesn't happen, the two of us in the store together.
 September 25
I came home from walking the girls to school and found these two snuggled up on the couch.  Shaun was reading about the Apostle Paul and Aiden was intent.  So sweet.

In the evening Shaun and Avery headed up to MA with a small crew to setup for the production.
September 26
My boss asked me to attend a damage control meeting with some disgruntled customers because I'd been heavily involved in the deal, so I threw on some heals and prayed through my nervous stomach.  The meeting ended up going pretty well, though it was emotionally draining.
On the way home, I stopped to take some pictures for friends who just had a baby.
 When I got home I really wanted to debrief with Shaun but since he wasn't here I chased the kids around the house.  We have the perfect house for chase and running around in circles and I delighted to hear their laughter and shrieks....good medicine!
 September 27
My sweet, sweet boy.  Such good company for walks to school.
 An email interrupted me after Aiden's bath so he ended up playing like this for a while.
 One of the harder things when Shaun is gone is that Aiden has to be woken up.
 September 28
Avery and Amanda had the day off of school because the teachers had a day of prayer (yay...LOVE our school!) so we went to the river to tire the dog out who would be locked up most of the weekend.
 My dad came and got Amanda and Aiden so they could go do the nursing home service with him.  Aiden knew he wanted to wear a tie "just like Pop".  My dad said Aiden was on his game talking to the residents, shaking hands and singing.  Even at three, he understands that he is there to minister and bless people.  Awesome!
 After taking Z to the dentist (and waiting 45 minutes to be seen!) and meeting up with my dad to get the kids, we were on our way to MA.  Except, because we'd gotten delayed, it was pushing into rush hour time on a Friday.  Traffic was intense.  By the time we arrived, I was completely frazzled....people do this regularly??

We met up with Shaun and Avery and the kids swam at the hotel for a bit before we went to dinner.

September 29
Early Saturday morning, we were back on the road to home for the four-hour round trip to go to Z's game.  Aiden and Alayna were happy to be together.  They made a cake out of dirt and a stick and were singing Happy Birthday.  :)
 The show, to a packed out church, was a huge success with many giving their lives to Christ.
 I was so happy to get Aiden to agree to these overalls....oh, my heart!
 Wow...this week is October...can't believe it!

4 comments:

  1. The fun never stops in your family!!

    The little smiling faces explain the whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiden is just too cute this week. LOVE his green crocs :)

    Amanda looks a little too grown up in that earring picture - slow down girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the last couple of posts, catching up,marveling that AT LEAST they are posted!!!! I'm still 2 weeks behind, but I keep pluggin away. So, one question....if Shaun wasn't home when you returned from your meeting......who was with the kids????? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! I hope you get some good sleep after that week. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.