Sunday, September 23, 2012

Project 365, Week 38

Good morning!  Isn't it just a lovely time of year?  We are enjoying it!  As I was pulling up photos this week I was feeling like I hadn't taken any, but I actually had one for everyday....its just that it was Friday before my camera came out....up until then it was with my fancy new phone...shame!!

September 16
While the guys were playing football, I snapped a couple photos of my niece.

I also decorated the house for fall.  Z and Aiden were especially vocal about how much they liked the it all.  Z was a bit in awe saying, I never knew anyone celebrated fall like this!  Made me want to do more.  :)
September 17
Sitting on the couch with Avery, reading after school.

Aiden got to spend a couple days with my dad and Kiki at Cape Cod...he came back with lots of stories and big smiles!


September 18
Busy evening of the girls and boys running separate directions...and quite a storm brewing!

September 19
Amazingly, we lost power about midnight and it came back on about 1:00 in the afternoon.  We have city water and gas and a generator, so its barely an inconvenience.  However, Shaun pulled out the refrigerator to get it plugged in and this is what was under.  I thought I cleaned behind and under the fridge somewhat regularly, but clearly its been a while!

Are you missing anything around the house?  May I suggest you pull out your fridge?  :)
Shaun and his two brothers were building office spaces for tax season so I brought over Aiden to help for a bit.
 September 20
Aiden staying busy at cheer practice.
 Avery not fully paying attention.
 Pretty sky sometime in the middle of practice.
September 21
I did an engagement session at 7 AM and we had some friendly visitors join us.

September 22
Inspired by Rachel, I made cinnamon rolls on Saturday morning.  Such an easy thing that I knew the kids would just love before heading out to football.  And I'm all about tucking in new traditions here and there.
 It wasn't perfect because they did a little arguing sitting here at the table, but we'll try again next week. :)
 At one point I walked into the dining room and found these two working on math workbooks that they didn't get from school, on a Saturday morning.  Impressed!
 Speaking of impressive, these two were great in their respective back-toback games.
 See?  Z is carrying the ball in for a touchdown!!
 From there I took my girls and two of their cousins to go to see more cousins.  The one with the crown is six and her mom threw her a fabulous princess party.  Since I know you're wonderign, Tin Foil Man is a knight, Sir Pop, my crazy dad.
 On our way home from the party the girls and I stopped for takeout.  We all enjoyed getting some girl time in on the car ride home.
For the evening we had neighbors over for dessert.  We've known them mostly in passing for many years, so it was great to get to know them better.  A piece of me wished I'd had more of the day to make our house not look quite so "lived in", but that's just where we're at and, picked up house or no, we really enjoyed our evening.  Great people!

How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. Those are my kids favorite kind of cinnamon rolls and the ones we fix every Christmas morning. Our saturday morning tradition was always waffles....kinda miss that!

    Just love Avery's toothless grin!! That is one of my favorite stages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm - I think I might have to email the cinnamon roll recipe to Mike - hint hint honey. Ha!

    I LOVE Sir Pop! What a great guy. My dad would totally do that too :)

    Hmm - I would have been reading instead of doing math at their ages. Although I did like to work puzzles, I HATED word problems. Very odd.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.