Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas Day dawned with the perfect little dusting of white.  Just enough to call it a white Christmas, but not enough that travel was affected or that any shovels or plows had to come out....perfect!

My uncle and I kicked off the morning alone, together in the kitchen with just our coffees.  We have started countless morning like this.  I remember when I was young and would wake up at 5 AM, ready to begin the festivities, he would intercept us before we had a chance to wake the other parents and tell us fascinating made-up stories until the hour was decent.

This year, everyone started arriving about 8:30, at which point we sent the kids away and started stuffing stockings.  

I just love this picture of the two jammy boys checking out the tree and presents while absently picking their noses.


Lots of little birdies, ready for their stockings.






The kids were pretty amazing...after their stockings, they all skipped off to play, without a word about the rest of the presents.  They were simply enjoying the day and being together.

The ladies got busy getting brunch out...
...after we prayed, the kids spontaneously broke into Happy Birthday, Jesus.  So sweet.



My sister got a new camera for Christmas, so there's a picture of me!  Aiden wanted to read his new Armor of God book.





Mom, take a picture!



I loved the blacks and golds that were in wrapping paper this year.


We had insane amounts of really yummy food.
And cute, too!
At one point, several of us took the kids out for some fresh air and exercise.


Amy bought these handsome shirts so we could get the '09 boys together.  Couldn't believe at 3.5 we still had criers, including my own, but it made for some pretty hilarious results.



Classic.
All four of us, my siblings and I.  So very blessed.


Later we sat down and did the adult exchange.  The secrecy is taken very seriously.

And then...the talent show.  First up, the DiSalvs.


All the "acts" had a very enthusiastic and generous audience.

Our family sang Hark the Herald Angels Sing.  Pop and Kiki did a great little play from the shepards point of view, complete with a little campfire in the middle of the living room and a "glory of the Lord" light.  So funny!
Aiden also did a solo of his Armor of God song.



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.