Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month! {Document a snapshot of your life...find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

8 AM
A rainy start to the day....it has to be downpouring to take the car to school though.
 9 AM
A highlight of my day is when this little guy wakes up.  He is always happy.  Today he was particularly excited about his big boy undies, so much so he did an impromptu jig.


 10 AM
With the kids gone, the kitchen picked up, I sat down with my to-do list to figure out my day.  The sheet on the left is my master to-do, where I jot down things as I think of them.  The sheet on the right gets printed out once a week and each day I pull items from the master list onto the daily list.

Does that sound complicated?  It actually works pretty well for me.  If I don't write things down, my mind gets distracted trying to remember the things I'm trying not to forget.
11 AM
Over the weekend, Z picked up another role in the church play.  Now, in addition to playing a poor orphan, he will also be playing a rich man's son.  My sister loaned us a suit, but I had to go buy shirt, shoes, tie, socks.  Pickings are slim for little boys ties....I guess that stands to reason.
12 PM
Washing sheets for the kids.
 Lunch!  This is what I have 95% of the time, maybe more.  Normally I eat it at my desk, but today i got to sit with Shaun and talk through some important decisions.
1 PM
While on hold on the phone, I organized my desktop.  Much better!
 3 PM
Another highlight of the day...the girls are home!!
 On our way home we had to pass two police officers who were arresting a man.  Just as we were walking past, they were slamming him against his car, trying to get handcuffs on him.

I hurried the girls along, but they were anxious to get up to their bedroom window were they had a good view.  I guess we live in the hood just a little bit.  :)

 4 PM
Costumes on, hair and makeup done....
 ....and this is what it actually looks like going to play practice as soon as Z is home from school.
 7 PM
Back to work for me and I took a little break to finish my big Christmas "craft".  The kids did a great job helping me do most of it over the weekend.  I hung pictures from this past year of all the things we did.  Anything that involves card stock and a hole puncher is a craft in my book.
 9 PM
Shaun left rehearsal early so he could make his basketball game, but he was going to have to go back to pick up Z.  Both of our cars had the gas light on, so I made two trips to the gas station.  Thankful for the lower prices...we're going through it!
 10 PM
Dinner for the girls and then we all went to bed.  I could not get the camera to focus for the one of Amanda, no matter what I did....
 ...finally I realized its because I was wearing neither glasses or contacts.  I spend about 0.5% of my life without either.  Apparently I'm all about percentages today.

1 comment:

  1. Aiden dancing is SO cute!
    Awesome job on the Christmas tree picture decorations. Can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.