Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Eve

One of my very favoritest days of the entire year...Christmas Eve!  Its the day when I have to say "its enough" because I'm out of time.  Its the day when my family begins to gather and the anticipation builds.

After a quiet day of grocery shopping, changing sheets, making model airplanes, playing Monopoly and showers all around, we headed to church where there was standing room only and people were being turned away in the parking lot (including my brother's family :( ).

It was a beautiful service that always causes me to take a deep breath and think about that Silent Night...what it meant for the world, what it means for me still today.






 After all the traditional Christmas pictures we went to my sister's house where she hosted dinner for our entire family and her husband's family, who we count as ours...all total about 40 people!

I took a couple pictures before my fever got the best of me and I curled up on the couch with a blanket until we could leave.  Shaun, Aiden and I left early so Aiden and I could crash in bed while Shaun finished getting the house ready and welcomed our guests.

Not how I would have wanted it, but thankful for such a good man!





 My sister had the brilliant idea to feed the children first and then send them off to a Christmas movie while the adults ate  nice, quiet dinner.  The plan actually worked fairly well.





4 comments:

  1. I got the flu yesterday. Fever, aches and cough. Think my body had enough running around.

    I love Christmas Eve candlelight services. The glow of the candles, silent night. I just love the whole service.

    Happy New Year to all of you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you really capture the conversations and activities of everyone. I also love how so many photos depict dads holding little ones. It just warms my heart to see families in tact this time of year.

    Let's adore HIM in 2013! Happy {almost} new year to you and your crew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts on family!!!

    Sorry you were sick! Not fun. My parents and I were sick as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers that by the time you read this you will be well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.