Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Un-Birthday Party

As more kids have been added to the family, Shaun's grandfather decided it would be a good idea to throw an Un-birthday Party once a year to hit all the great-grandkids at the same time.  This year it was planned right after Thanksgiving so there was still lots of family in town.

I've come to the conclusion that there are blessings that come with divorce/remarriage.  The blessing is to the children's children.  My kids have 13, yes thirteen, grandparents and great-grandparents!  They are loved and, despite the scars, they have a beautiful heritage.

This night we were with six of the grands and greats.  I'm so thankful our kids have had the chance to know and build relationships with their Greats...what a treasure!!

Sometimes I catch the Greats watching the kids do their thing and I know they are thinking about the legacy they will leave and what the future will look like.

Shaun's dad, visiting from IL,  was hard at work in the kitchen when we arrived.
 Amanda showing off her pretty hair from her spa time with Auntie Sarah.
 Grandma Diane and Nana.

 Juice boxes abound at Grandma Fay's house.


 Too many cooks in the kitchen.  :)






 Stories with Grandpa.

 Four generations.
 Shaun's dad's parents, his dad and his brothers and sister.





 


 Time to say goodbye.
But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.
Exodus 20:6

1 comment:

  1. I had the great joy of growing up with my great grandmother...she started my love of cooking! sadly, my kids didn't get that opportunity, but we talk about their greats all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.