Sunday, December 30, 2012

Project 365, Week 52

Drumroll please.....

This is the final installment of 2012's Project 365.  Its definitely been a time-consuming labor of love, but I'm so very thankful to have all of this documented.

Most of what's here is the every day...nothing that would make headlines any where....but to me its a story of God's love and faithfulness and of our children growing into beautiful people, one average day at a time.

And my heart's prayer is that some of this everyday-ness also brings glory to God.  I want my life to be all about His glory.

And now for Week 52.  It was as low-key as we could make it, since more of us were sick than were not.  But we also really enjoyed the fact that it was Christmas and got in tons of family time.  I LOVE it when the kids are off of school!

December 23
No picture, therefore I have no idea what happened.  :)

December 24
Cooking....

 ...and playing games.  Aiden was MIA much of the time.  One day he slept until 2 PM, then put himself to bed at 8 PM, another day he took a SIX hour nap.  The boy knows how to sleep, even more so when he's sick.
 Our special Christmas Eve service.
December 25
Lots of little birdies waiting patiently for their stockings.  I think we are missing just two cousins from this picture.
December 26
Lazy morning of breakfast, games and mostly chatting around the woodstove.  Sad to see all the family go.
December 27
Too cool for school!  My nephew Nathanael's hockey team got to play at the Civic Center then they stayed for the big boys game.  They invited Z to come along and when he got home he declared hockey to be his favorite sport and with much excitement told me there were "so many fights!".
 Meanwhile, the five of us did a couple gift exchanges at the mall, ate dinner and rode the carousel.
 December 28
Our foster care agency hosted a bowling party so the three older kids and I went.  See?  I have my bowling shoes on...I want it to be duly noted what a FUN mom I am.  :)
December 29
We watched the second half of the full length version of The Sound of Music.  Its definitely noteworthy when we all sit down to watch a movie together.  I have to say, it IS nice to get all snuggled together.

After church Shaun took a few kids to a UCONN basketball game and I hung out at my sister's house.  It was so pretty with the fire and a foot of snow coming down outside her cathedral-sized windows.

And driving home we were so thankful for the four new tires on our all-wheel drive vehicle.





4 comments:

  1. So sorry for all the sickness at your house!! But looks like you made some wonderful memories none-the-less!!

    What is Amanda under watching the movie?! great picture!

    Happy New Year, friend!!! I am so thankful to know you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this week. Love all the photos of time spent together at home! P.S. Maybe bowling should be on the agenda for our next GNO?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family. I'm still trying to kick this cold and cough. After 36 hours of snow the Sun is finally out maybe that will make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a nice week. Ours was really low-key too. Mike got sick Christmas night (head & chest cold). He's still coughing - so we're been pretty low key too :)

    I have to remember to tell you about the bizarre dream I had about your family last night. It wasn't bad - you had invited Mike & me over - but when I woke up I was so confused about how we ended up in the same state you were in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.