Saturday, June 1, 2013

May Goals Review



*Read through the Bible in a year.  I'm on track with this.  The month started out with King David's reign and ended with his son Solomon.

*Memorize 24 scriptures this year. 

First one:


Second one:
The Lord your God is with you; He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.  Zeph 3:17

*Declutter one room each month.  Did not do this.


*Answer my family with a smile.  I'm continuing to be aware of this, and I feel like I'm doing better overall.


*Read two books each month.  

The Right Call by Kathy Herman.  Much of it was good, but it wrapped up painfully neatly and happily at the end, making it no bueno. 

Too Hurt to Stay by Casey Watson.  A true story written by a therapeutic foster mom on her experience with a child in care.

*Run a half and a full marathon. 

Check and check!

The next event I have planned will be a half marathon in September.  I've given myself permission to take a break this summer and use my precious running time on the house(es) instead.

Total miles run in May: 26.2 (just kidding...it was closer to 65...I came to a screeching halt!)


*Write 52 notes of encouragement, thinking of you.  Five notes.

*Clear off my desk each evening.  Seven times.  Its actually been in pretty good shape except I need to file May paperwork, which requires me to clear out 2012 stuff, which is a great idea, I just need to do it.

*Spend 15 minutes a day working on a project.  Honestly I think I missed logging some days, but that's part of it, I guess.  Seven days I worked on a project, that project being our third floor here.  I feel like I am starting to see a hint of light down that tunnel.

*At least two dates/month.  Done.  We watched a movie together on Mother's Day night.  We also celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary.  We went out to breakfast and watched half of a movie.  

It doesn't sound like much, but really, I can't complain...we are together here and there everyday.

So here's to June and new beginnings.  May it not fly by as fast as this month did!


1 comment:

  1. I posted that Zeph. verse on FB the other day...great verse that was such an encouragement for me!!!

    I look at you and think "wow, how do you do it all?" and then I remember when people said that about me! ha!

    Now I am enjoying much slower days..and will be enjoying a 6 week old baby boy I will have tomorrow for 10 days!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.