Gosh, so much to say about this week, more than I could possibly fit here. Let me try bullets:
- Shaun's grandfather passed away
- Shaun's dad was here for the week from far away
- Lots going on with Z...many of you have asked and I promise to update soon
- The final, torturous countdown to school. Just give me my kids back already!
- Shaun's grandmother's visit was cancelled due to sickness
- Beautiful, incredible weather
- Lots of good family time
- Aiden looking WAY too cute in his "fancy clothes".
- Avery's coming-of-age event
- Amanda's stitches out
- No raccoon sitings :)
After a nice breakfast out in Daddy's honor, we got to work on the yard at the new house. It was an incredible day to be outside....actually, the whole week we had amazing weather....so welcome after all the rain!
Last day of uniforms.
Sadly, Shaun's grandfather, Grandpa, passed away early in the morning. In the evening, we went to his Grandma's house to be together with family.
Wear Your OWN Special Clothes For Mass Day.
Z was attending Sports Camp for the week and each morning he begged me to take him to the skate park before camp started at 8. It just wasn't working with trying to get the girls off to school at that same time.
Finally, this morning, we agreed to just be late for camp so, after we got the girls to school, we hit the park. GORGEOUS morning and we had the place to ourselves.
The night before, 9:30 PM at Lowe's, Avery said, Mom, you're making me cupcakes for tomorrow, right? Ah yes...I made them and the girls decorated them so she could celebrate her birthday with her classmates.
While we were doing that, we made up a song/rap about it being the last day of school and the first day of summer. I was completely giddy on both counts.
Graveside burial service. These are five of Grandpa's great-grandchildren leading Psalm 23.