Monday, January 16, 2012

Birthday Blessings

Ahh...another birthday.  Maybe the first one that didn't phase me at all, at least as far as getting all introspective and what not....probably do to the fact that I've been doing that since Jan 1.  Anyway...

My day started at the gym.  I took my time and, just before I hopped in the shower I got my weekly Saturday/Sunday morning call from Avery, asking me where I am....on the weekends the gym doesn't open until 7 so she is often awake before I get home.  She must know by now where I am, I think she just likes using the phone.  :)

When I got home the whole house was awake and excited to greet me and give me their cards.
 Complete with a connect-the-dots puzzle for me it reads:
Mommy Aiden just said I'm just kiddin but I have more the write to you.  (Future blogger, no?)  I love you even when you talk fresh to me.  Your a love to me.  I love it when it's just me and you together.  Its the palm of your hand that's the one of love.  Love Avery.  Even when we're out together.  Happy almost Valintine's Day.

After hugs and cards, we got dressed and ready to go out to our favorite breakfast place.  The girls got all dolled up and even had me curl their hair.  :)  When we got home the girls and I snuggled in my bed and read several chapters of the book we're working on and had fun chatting, too.
We did several things, including Avery and I spending some time in the bookstore while Shaun let the kids play in the playscape.  I was mostly helping Avery look through books,  but I did pick up this CS Lewis book of quotes....amazing.  I related to this one:

I am a barbarously early riser....I love the empty, silent, dewy, cobwebby hours.

After grabbing some lunch we went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D.  It was fun surprising the kids and watching them enjoy it.
Then we met up with my dad and Kiki for a fun dinner.  Before we left, Amanda was helping the waitress put pizza boxes together....of course!

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones
That love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
This morning I rounded it out with breakfast with my mom and the kids.  (Love the scarf she made me!)
I received so many wonderful cards, messages, phone calls.  I'm trying to figure out who this woman is that people are talking about in the cards.  I see myself as stumbling and failing and having so much to work on...the gracious cards painted a different picture...so very humbling and touching.

I'm so very undeserving of the grace that has been poured out on my 37 years, but I am forever grateful.

3 comments:

  1. I love to see all the blessings you have in your life. Glad you had a great day !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see a glimpse into your birthday! I love that your kids make cards for you...mine did the same and still do...so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I forgot to say Happy Birthday on your last post - oops! So, Happy Birthday!

    Love the cards - so sweet. A few months ago I posted one I made my dad - it was around 4th grade. What a hoot!

    LOVE the scarf - you & your mom are so pretty together :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.