Sunday, January 29, 2012

Project 365, Week 4

Awesome week!  Its been so incredibly mild, the kids played outside everyday, usually ending up with their coats off.  LOVE it!  Really....SO happy!  

All of my life in every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

January 22
The kids had slept at Pop and Kiki's and when I went to pick them up they were anxious to show me their sledding/tubing tricks.

 January 23
More sledding after school in our yard.
 My little office buddy....I worked and he watched Daniel and the Lions while we waited for daddy to get home.  At 9 I finally gave up and put him to bed.
January 24
Snow is gone, temperatures in the 50s!
 Shaun spent his morning off working on his truck....lucky for him he had help!
January 25
Avery had a half day so we picked her up at noon and headed to RI to see cousins.  We played and had a nice visit and I took birthday pictures for three of my brother's four kids.  This is my youngest nephew, Wyatt, who just turned one and is running everywhere, bum shaking, arms pumping.  So funny!
 My loves!
January 26
Shaun's grandfather has always kept a big stash of cookies that the kids make sure to hit.  This time he had strawberry (?) filled Oreos.  Amanda said, Mom...you have GOT to try these!
January 27
My sister and her husband went to Hawaii (lucky!!) so we get to help with the kids a couple of the days.  Nathanael helped me bring Avery to school and pick her up.
 The kids had a blast being together, as always.
 Shaun's team lost in a heart-breaker.
 Aiden was anxious to go tell daddy "good job"!  I was thinking, sadly, that it won't be very long at all until he knows the difference between winning and losing.
 This is just hilarious to me....Aiden and Alayna after the game...
January 28
Avery's school was having a fundraiser at a local restaurant.  It took forever and then was meager portions, but we had fun and it was for a good cause.  What a great group of kids!

While his sisters were playing basketball, Aiden noticed some electrical work needed to be done in the gym and thankfully he had his screwdriver and pliers with him (don't worry...they're just plastic:)).

8 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm confused...did Shaun's team win or lose?

    great pictures as usual. I wish I could capture "life" like you do!!

    Our weather has been so mild too!! By this time last year we had ice and snow and now we are in the 60s with sun...not complaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaun's team lost, which is why he didn't want to hear "good job", but Aiden didn't know that...he just thinks his dad is awesome (which he is! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I see why you are confused...I wrote "won in a heart-breaker". Tricked ya, didn't I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of Avery in that knitted cap and also the one of you and your kids at the park! Thanks for the quick peek at my kiddos. I miss everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pics of Aiden this week are TOO cute! Melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Sara, I wish I could capture 'life' like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Fun pictures. Glad you had fun visiting family and helping out.

    You have a lovely family Lisa. Such blessings!

    Have a good week ahead!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that look on Alayna's face as she's chasing Aiden - so determined :)

    And I love Avery's hat with the big flower too - very fetching!

    I read the BBall post before this one - go Avery with her baskets! I love how happy everyone looked this week at practice.

    Also, I'm very impatient to go through your first foster experience with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.