Friday, January 20, 2012

Random Friday

Even though (or because) its Friday, I'm feeling a little random-y.

I was disappointed to wake up to snow.  With the wonderful winter we've been having (in my opinion, anyway), I had foolishly let myself start to hope and dream, just the tiniest bit, that we might escape this winter without any.  I know...crazy.  I'm happy for those of you that were missing the snow and are glad its here...please enjoy it an extra amount for me. :)

A friend sent me flowers for my birthday and they've made my week extra happy....tulips and the promise of Spring!!

Last night we watched some videos of when the girls were babies.  The ones of Avery were pretty much of her trying to put her feet in her mouth.  A little later we were watching Baby Amanda.  She said, Mom, I did gooder, didn't I 'cause I wasn't putting my feet in my mouth.


Look what I just noticed on my blog archives...
Isn't that strange?  As you know, other than Project 365, which I post once a week, without fail, there is not a lot of rhyme or reason to when I blog.  But look how it turned out...every other year is within 1-4 posts of each other.  I guess that means I will have approximately 188 posts this year....which, by the way, will bring me well past 1000 total posts.  Who would have thought??

Because of the snow this morning, I drove Avery to school, a very rare occurrence.  I observed that I never have to get out of second gear either going or coming.  Nice and close...very sweet!

This month Avery and I have been memorizing: O taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him. Ps 34:8.  Amanda and Aiden have worked on Do everything without complaining or arguing.  Phil 2:14.  I love Amanda's...simple and straightforward.  I also like the period at the end....it doesn't allow for any "buts" or "unlesses"...no excuses, no exceptions...easier to memorize than do.  :)

In case you have time to thumb through a magazine once in a while...I saw this no-strings-attached deal for a 24-month subscription to Family Circle for FREE...go HERE.

The sun is coming through my office window and it feels divine.  Our home's temperature pretty much stays at "refreshing".  Random check, hang on....ok, kitchen (where the woodstove, our main heat source is) is 64 degrees.  The girls' room, just because they have a thermometer on their baby monitor is 58.  Not bad.  Hey...they say you burn more calories when you are cold.  Plus, the random sets jumping jacks I do throughout the day, just to produce a little body heat.  Its all good.  :)

Snow or sunshine, warm or cold, enjoy your weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Taste and See that the Lord is Good .... one of my favorite passages. I have it hanging onthe wall in the kitchen.

    Enjoy your weekend :) No heat in my house today - right now it is 49 the guy is trying to fix it. Hoping there will not be a new furnace needed. Have no idea where that $$$$ would come from. The Lord will provide - right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love random-y posts. They're my favorite kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 58 degrees?! eeek! this southern blood would certainly freeze!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.