Sunday, January 1, 2012

Project 365, Week 53??

Oh my!  What a wonderful week!!  A wonderfully quiet week with family for the first part and three, yes THREE different date nights with Shaun, courtesy of a team of grandparents.  We're trying to stockpile the deposits in each others love banks because very soon tax season will be in full swing and we'll be doing little else but making withdrawals.  BUT...we're not talking about that yet!

Hope your Christmas was grand!  We had a really wonderful time and I couldn't help but think of all the hard work and a ton of God's grace that has gotten us here.  He is so faithful!

December 24
One of my favorite days of the year and I love the candlelight service at church.
 When we got home the girls were able to open a present.  Bathrobes...how exciting!
 December 25
Christmas!
December 26
Still lots of family at our house.  Usually the girls hit the after-Christmas sale at a local boutique Christmas store, but no one went out at all.  Now THAT is a relaxing day.  :)
 December 27
Still a wonderful housefull of people.  The kids set up a beauty salon and massage stations.
 My brother and his kids came to join in the fun, too.
As my mom was leaving, the kids begged her for a sleepover, so...off they went!  Within 10 minutes of the last person leaving I was changed and out the door to the gym...the combination of overeating and inactivity left me feeling yuck.

Then Shaun and I went together to a couple showings of an apartment...date #1!

December 28
The next morning began operation clean-up.  I got on such a roll that I took all the Christmas stuff down, too.  The girls were a big help.

 That evening my sister's family came over and we watched Minnesota play hockey.  Colombo's brother got called up for a game.  It was fun to see Uncle Jonathan on TV!
 December 29
I took Aiden and Avery to the library, one of Avery's requests for school vacation.  The first thing they both did was head to the computers.  Sheesh.
 The girls went with me to give Trot some exercise.  It was a BRISK morning.

 Date #2...Shaun's mom came over to stay with the kids so we went to dinner and a movie....Sherlock Holmes...very good!  We sat in the very back row with the teenagers.  :)

December 30
SO much warmer this day for playing with Trot.  Much better!

December 31
My dad and Kiki took the kids for a party at their church, so...Date #3!  We both worked in the afternoon, then after church we came home and parked it on the couch.  Very nice!  We've rung in a lot of new years together and I'm so grateful.

Every year I spend some time thinking about my blog and what I want to do with it.  I took almost no time at all to decide to do Project 365 for the 4th straight year.  Its definitely a commitment, but when I scroll though a whole year of weeks pieced together by it, well...then its priceless.  And its not as if our lives are so interesting or exciting, its just that its us, doing life.  And my poor little memory would never be able to recall the things I can read here or in the blog books I create.

Someday I hope my children will enjoy pouring through the books and remembering, for the good and the bad, what life was like when they were little.

Once again, thank you for coming here each week and caring about what happens in our little family.  Your comments have been encouraging, humorous, insightful.

Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm SO glad you're doing Project 365 again! I was really hoping you would - it's one of the highlights of my Sundays and something I look forward to every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're continuing too - I would definitely miss your P365 posts if you quit!

    I'm glad you had such a nice week - and congrats on all the dates!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.