Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ten on Ten

For a while now, I've wanted to try Ten on Ten, where you take a picture every hour for ten hours on the 10th of the month.  I would have completely forgotten this month again, except that I happened to see a post on FB that my friend was doing it.  Thanks for the reminder!  :)

Normally, because I didn't do it "right" I would have just scraped the whole thing, but I'm trying to mend my ways and not sweat the small stuff that really does not matter

That being said, welcome to my perfectly "imperfect" January 10th :)...

11:00
Talking with the social worker during our home study (Amanda took this with my phone, I didn't even know she had...she reminds me of Oliver Twist because she's so good at being sneaky.  I find stuff in my pockets all the time that she put in there, while I was wearing the pants).  Now that we passed the home inspection part (yay and praise the Lord!) I feel free to share our journey...soon.  Promise!
 12:00
The sun is out, the kids will play
1:00
school time
 2:00
Since the house was quite clean after the home inspection, I went around and took video and pictures of the house for insurance purposes....one of those things that's been on my list for a while.  Doing it made me realize anew how little my material possessions really matter to me.  In case of a fire or natural disaster, the only "things" I would really and truly want to get out is my people.
 3:00
Waking up a sleeping angel to go pick up Big Sister from school
  4:00
Haircut for the boy.  He is very cooperative knowing he can watch Disney during and have a lollipop after.  :)
6:00
Picking Avery up from dance class

7:00
The two of us snuggled in bed, took her turn with Words with Friends and then read a couple chapters of The Secret Garden.  We get in nice and close then alternate reading paragraphs.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for you !!!!!!

    Your foyer is beautiful !!!!

    What a huge step with your home study too. I remember that so well when we started the adoption process. I actually baked some muffins just for the smell in the house. I cleaned like a crzy person - just didn't know what they would look at.

    Can't wait to hear where this goes. The Lord knows... he has someone I am sure just waiting for your family.

    Many Blessings on this !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I would love to do this, but know it is unrealistic for me right now. However, I LOVED seeing a glimpse into your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Your photos are always so telling & really capture life.

    I'm planning on doing "Twelve in '12" starting tomorrow. Just something I came up with to do each month on the 12th during 2012 to honor 12 people who are important in my life. We'll see how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.