Monday, January 30, 2012

I Will Pass Over You

Amanda is my passionate girl.  She doesn't know about doing things half way.  When she's happy, the whole world smiles with her and it takes over her whole being.  When she's not, well...everyone is affected then, too.  She's always been able to pull out the old crocodile tears whenever she feels the need.  You know, the big huge ones that don't slide down the face, but just drop.

She's also a deep thinker and always asks the hard questions.  And she's asking because she truly wants to know.  Even on the hard topics, she'll stay with the conversation, and ask follow up questions until she's satisfied.

These questions are most often asked while riding in the car or going to bed.  This week:

Why did Jesus' followers celebrate Passover?

If you have children or teach Sunday School, then you are already well aware how many child-inapproriate things there are in the bible.  

For instance, in Aiden's class we've been talking about Moses and the Ten Commandments.  Have you ever thought about how many of those ten are appropriate for 2 & 3 year-olds?  Suffice to say, we've been talking a lot about obeying Mommy and Daddy.  :)

Anyway, a quick thought about Passover and I knew we'd have to get in pretty deep.

Well, I begin, Pharaoh put out a decree that all the first-born sons....no scratch that....God put out a decree....oops!   I got through the rest pretty accurately, of course tying it all in with the work that Jesus did on the cross but I realized how little time I spend in the Old Testament, other than Psalms and Proverbs.  I know there is good stuff in there, I just tend to hang out in the New Testament.  

Any guesses where I was reading this morning?  Yup...Exodus 12

The other car conversation this week was:

Mom, will we all be in the hospital before flying up to see Jesus?

Oh, Lord...help me! :)

Once in a while Amanda is in the mood to let me take her picture.  Last week she was all into it...the following are all her poses in five minutes we were doing it.






 I didn't get this one in focus, but I still love her smile.



I will go through the land of Egypt on this night and strike down every firstborn in the land of Egypt, whether human or animal, and bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am God. The blood will serve as a sign on the houses where you live. When I see the blood I will pass over you—no disaster will touch you when I strike the land of Egypt.
Exodus 12:12-13

1 comment:

  1. What joy she brings to your family. I love the last three pics of her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.