Sunday, January 8, 2012

Project 365, Week 1

Happy New Year!  I'm weird about many some things, and one of those is that I'm just giddy that this year started on a Sunday...the first day on the calendar.  SO much better than starting the 1st on a Tuesday for instance.  What can I say...these are the things that make me happy.

Such sweet comments about me continuing with Project 365 yet again.  Can't believe you are not completely bored with us yet.  Or, maybe you are bored but you are family and feel obligated to read.  :)  Truthfully, I hope this year is no more exciting than the last couple.

January 1 (on Sunday!)
Seeing this temperature is January, in Connecticut makes me very, very happy.  Very happy.
 We did our annual New Years afternoon at Shaun's grandfather's house.  At one point, Shaun and Tony got him talking about his time in the War.  Such a different life then.
 January 2
Avery was working very hard on the Christmas present she'd received the day before.  She was able to complete a little purse.
 Daddy took us out to dinner to mark the last day of Avery's school vacation.  We all really, REALLY enjoyed having her at home with us for 10 days.  Who are these big kids?!?
 January 3
Technically, this is when my day started.  I was up til way late talking at the kitchen table with my dear friend, who was home for Christmas.  I cherish the time we have together.
 January 4
After baths the girls put on a show in their room.

 January 5
I didn't end up with any pictures for the day, but I did get some video.  They're both short so I'll share them here.  They were taken just seconds apart and display the very different (ah-hem) personalities we have here.  :)





January 6
We are loving our final days of having Shaun around once in a while.

January 7
The girls both had basketball for the first time ever.  They had a great time!

Sorry...one more digital reading for the day, just because its SO EXCITING!  :)  61 degrees!  With as many utility bills as we pay with all the buildings, an above average January translates into a lot of dollars for us.  Not to mention comfort in our own house and morale.  The kids ate their lunch outside with no coat...that is a beautiful thing!

After church we ended the day with day with dinner and a movie, all five of us snuggled up on one couch under a blanket.  Letters to God.  Have you seen it?  Pretty family friendly, except for the bar scene and having to discuss a child having cancer.

Have a super week!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the coat colors.

    Love the picture of the two of you, who took that one - nice job.

    We have been having the warm here too. Love it :)

    Blessings on your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no...I have not seen letter's to god:) maby I can convince my parents to let me watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great start to the year!!! The videos cracked me up. I think those could have been my kids too at that age!

    Just wanted you to know how thankful I am that p365 brought us together as friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to see that you are still on board with 365. i have to come and check in once in a while and see what your kids are up to! :) the after bath 'show' that your girls put on brought back sweet memories, i can always count on you all for that. happy new year Lisa....be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to watch the videos at home, but I love the pic of the girls putting on their show - and the one of you & Shaun. I was a girly girl too - and totally clueless in basketball. Of course, back in my day I didn't even try to play until high school PE - terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The videos made me smile! LOVE them and your B-ball pics are amazing! MAN your kids are looking so grown up ... wowza!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.