Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 Ways to Live in Peace, Day 2




Be Honest


I give credit to Shaun for teaching me how beautiful honesty can be.  I was never a compulsive liar, but I also didn't have a problem telling a "white lie" every now and then.  But when I started to really get to know Shaun, I was surprised to discover he NEVER lies.  Ever.  Sometimes I didn't like it.  Shaun, do you like the sauce I used on the chicken?  No, it tastes like mud.  Or Shaun, what do you think about my new dress?  Its awful!


What I began to learn as I gradually went from being honest 99% of the time to 100% is that there is wonderful freedom and peace in it.  My conscience is at peace and I do not get anxious when I'm having to re-tell a story because I don't have to try to remember what I said the first time.  I just tell the truth, to the best of my ability.


Sometimes its not the "easy way" on the front end, but I know from past experience that, in the long run, it keeps things simple and keeps my soul at peace.

1 comment:

  1. Such TRUTH! I love it and totally agree. Sometimes the truth hurts a little but it does indeed keep our hearts and minds at peace. I love these daily posts you're doing. Very refreshing and encouraging. Keep at it, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.