Sunday, October 16, 2011

Project 365, Week 42

Hard to believe this week only had seven days in it...feels like so long ago since last Sunday.  It was filled with lots of goodness, including a "business" trip to San Francisco.  I took the redeye and was home by 9 am this morning.  SO happy to see my family again!

I had to fly to CA to make it happen, but I had seven straight days of crazy, amazing weather.  Everyone from San Francisco kept reminding us how extremely rare the sunny, clear 75-80 degree weather was....I didn't take a minute for granted.

October 9
We took advantage of an incredibly beautiful day (perfect?) and watched Shaun play football.  Then we did a cousin exchange, the girls went to sleepover with Lainie and Katie (5 and 3.5) and Trey (2) came to our house to be with Aiden.  

All I know is we got the good end of that deal.  I LOVE my girls and my nieces, but boys are SO much easier.  Even though they are only two, the boys really seemed to enjoy each other and understand they were doing something special.  Wish I'd gotten a picture or some of their conversations on video.  Precious!
 October 10
Per tradition, we met up with cousins and Grandma for a morning at Buell's orchard.  So fun!
 October 11
Fun in the parking lot waiting for dance class to start.  Amanda rode her bike and these two played.  Trying to get used to our Tuesdays on the road.
 October 12
I left our house at noon to begin the journey to California.  This was my third year going to this conference for work and its something I've come to look forward to.  I was delighted to discover that the way the flight worked, we were flying into the sunset for nearly an hour.  What a treat!  California from the sky at 7:30.
October 13
The day started bright and early with meetings and presentations and lasted nearly ten hours.
After, we went up to the 32nd floor for a supplier fair and cocktail hour....and an amazing view.  I couldn't help myself...I had to go get my camera!
 October 14
Another full day, this one was all for play though.  We saw the Golden Gate Bridge, walked through Muir Woods and had lunch on the water...literally.  Oh my!
October 15
We didn't fly out until 10 pm, so that left us the day to explore San Francisco.  We walked down to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39, saw Chinatown and Little Italy among other things.

I'm linking up with Sara again this week.  Hope you have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I knew I could count on you and The bug to give me some good fall color shots!!!

    your sunsets are amazing!!! so beautiful!

    I have very fond memories of San Fran..did you have some crab down on Fisherman's Wharf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the tree shots...the fall and the star burst sun shot. I also loved those nice night shots and the kids...too cute. I love Fisherman's Wharf .....ate there several years ago....and it was to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE me some Muir woods, i love the fern there and so close to the city...Fisherman's whar is soooo fun. did you go to pier 39?
    love to the see the sea lions there and visit the shops on the pier.
    LOVE the weather out there too! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to California - looks gorgeous through your camera lens! LOVE the sunset pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CA pics.
    They cousins are soooo cute too.

    And can I tell you I might not have time to comment everyday but sure enjoying peace posts.

    Thanks you !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning CA pics!
    So glad you could enjoy that conference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.