Monday, October 24, 2011

Milk Money


This notice came home with Avery on Friday.  A "balance due" for milk.  Milk is included with hot lunch, but if purchased separately, its $0.50.  Apparently, Avery's been using her milk "credit line".  She is her father's daughter!

When I asked her why she is asking for milk and not just drinking the water I fill up for her, she said, "Cause I like it".

"But, I replied, you drink milk at every breakfast and dinner.  We don't need to be buying it at school, too.

"Yeah, but its chocolate and you would say there is too much sugar."  Again...her father's daughter....happy credit line user and an unrelenting sweet tooth  :)

This morning I sent in money to pay off her debt.  We'll see how much more debt we end up with in the name of chocolate.  :)  By the way, don't feel too bad for her....Shaun slips her money for ice-cream that available each day.  :)


Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.
Romans 13:8


5 comments:

  1. Ha! We had the SAME thing happen with Sydney last year! I too, send her water for lunch! She was drinking chocolate milk!
    I just don't understand why CHOCOLATE is available for little kids who are asked to sit in their chairs most of the day!
    She stopped drinking it and I asked the teacher to remind her if she "forgot"...She can have chocolate milk the last day of school...and on her siter's birthday...:)
    HEY! If they are gunna eat sugar, I want to be the one giving it to them! I need all the cool Mommy points I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you know my kids never liked chocolate milk?!! what is up with that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am the kind of mom that breaks down how much of that money could have gone towards the gallon for the whole family. I, too, pack water in a reusable container. Now if you want those cool mommy points...fill your own reusable with lightly flavored carnation breakfast chocolate milk once a week. Wins points and is good...less sugar. (I like chocolate, too Avery;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I banded the chocolate milk all through grade school. You could inform the teacher.
    Now we actually buy it for Phil. The trainer said it is good for an athlete. Go Figure ????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! She's a character, that girl. At least she's getting some calcium and other good stuff in there, right? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.