Sunday, October 9, 2011

Project 52, Week 41

See this?  Temperatures 20 degrees above normal.  That makes me VERY happy.  Enjoying every second and also loving that Avery has a four-day weekend!
October 2
The kids slept over at Pop and Kiki's, so Shaun and I went out to breakfast and then got some work done.  They  went on horse-drawn carriage ride and got some treats...what fun!
 October 3
I went out to my brother's so I could do some pictures for them.  The cousins thought it was great fun.
 While I was doing their entire family, my kids found a great big mud puddle and had a time.



 October 4
I did some extra running around during voice and dance lessons and poor Aiden was in the car for about four hours.  He never once complained and was fun company.
 October 5
Sitting at the kitchen table doing addition with cereal pieces.  With a smile?!?
 October 6
The girls had a little tea party while I took pictures.  So fun!

 October 7
Amanda is in charge of cleaning the TV room.  When I went to check on her, she was dressed like this, vacuuming.  Brought me back to the Leave it to Beaver shows I've seen.  :)
 Avery got surprised when Grammy and Bobbi picked her up from school and then Pop and Kiki picked us up for an impromptu trip to UCONN's dairy bar.  Yum!  A banner day!  :)
 October 8
Avery's class is raising money (for a cause I can't even remember) so they were asked to return cans in those efforts.  We don't do soda/beer/bottled water at our house, but someone had given us a whole bunch.  After they sat in my car for a couple weeks, I was anxious to get them out.

As I was unloading the kids and the cans, I was thinking what a dumb idea this had been.  When I walked into the room and was overpowered by an incredibly nasty smell, I vowed to write a big check to take care of our obligation and skip the whole can thing.

But then...I watched the kids, amazed yet again how they can take something so awful and turn it into a grand old time, and then it was worth it.  I think.  Avery will be very proud to deliver the funds to her teacher, I know.
It was too nice to not be outside all day.

 Aiden had every person in the family read this book to him several times, even Amanda.
 The kids requested snuggle time before bed and I was happy to oblige!  Shaun thought to grab the camera...so sweet.
 I'm linking up with Sara today.  Hope you have an amazing weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That picture of "June Cleaver" is absolutely hysterical. She's too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Amanda cracks me up!!

    What is better than kids and a mud puddle?!!

    So sweet of Shaun to grab the camera! Sometimes I feel like I am not in many pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Amanda IS a mess - I always look forward to whatever she might be up to.

    Love the picture of the cousins - the colors are great & the sky is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.