Sunday, October 23, 2011

Project 365, Week 43

Hi!  Today, in particular, I'm wanting to sit down with a cuppa something hot and have a chat with each one of you.  I'm going to tell you about our week, but I'd love to hear how things are with you, too.  Guess I better get on FB and the blogs I know of!

Life gets so busy, doesn't it?  Full of good, wonderful stuff but still....full.  Its not something I want to complain about though...I've seen too many in the nursing homes who are desperate for something, anything to do and would love to be able-bodied and free enough to go work hard.  Those of us who wake up with a job and/or a full agenda everyday?  We are BLESSED!

Thank you for coming here each week and caring about the silly little things happening in our family.  Its so sweet that you want to share in our "extraordinary ordinary".


October 16
I left CA at 10:15 pm and arrived in Boston about 6:00 am.  We were welcomed by a magnificent sunrise, with the big, beautiful city in the foreground.  Amazing!  

When I arrived home, four of THE most precious people came out to greet me, three of them running.  The girls had dressed themselves and done their own hair and all of them couldn't have looked sweeter.  After we did hugs and stories and kisses and a clean bedroom tour I handed out the little gifts I'd gotten everyone (mostly free handouts from the Supplier Fair :)), we walked down to our favorite breakfast place for Mickey Mouse pancakes.

It was wonderful to be back with everyone!  I even layed down with Aiden later and got a little nap in.
 October 17
Avery had cut out a picture of an iPad and they were watching something on it over breakfast.
 October 18
Aiden is fascinated with tap dancing and in between classes, this world-renown instructor invited him out to do some dance moves.  Aiden was copying his moves and taking it very seriously....he even got an applause when he was done.  I warned Shaun his son might be taking dance lessons soon {wink}.
On the way home we got talking about Carrie Underwood singing How Great Thou Art.  Earlier in the day Amanda had clicked on it on YouTube and...wow!  Anyway, I promised the kids we could watch it when we got home.

When it was done I started to close up the computer and had sent the girls to get ready for bed.  Aiden started crying because he "wanted to watch American Girl".  Then he wanted to watch Remind Me.  I was floored.    HOW does he know this?  Sometime I'll get him on video singing Remind Me...its hysterical!
 October 19
How Amanda came down in the morning....
 Avery got to wear an outfit of her choice because it was school pictures day.  All I can say is, thank God for uniforms.  :)  But doesn't she look sweet?  She really wanted her hair slicked back in a "tight ponytail", too.
It was a rainy day and I found the perfect project for Amanda.  We rounded up all of the girls socks (from all corners of the house...WITW??) and then she spent over an hour matching and sorting them.  Now they have socks to wear, just in time for not-flipflop weather.

We went to the mid-week service at church because I was taking pictures for the website.  I went into the K & 1st Grade class and found this crazy girl.  WHO does she belong to??
 I peeked into the 2 & 3 year-old class, too.
October 20
Cousin Trevor slept over.  Amanda was thrilled to have him to herself while Avery was at school and didn't even mind (too much) doing school.

October 21
Avery found a recipe in one of her magazine and she made us dinner.  I think I may have found the answer to my meal planning troubles.  :)
 October 22
Cousin Allison slept over and the next morning the girls were back at play first thing.
 A couple minutes of snuggle time before bed.  Nice to have daddy home, since he's been gone more evening with play practice.
I'm linking up with Sara this week.  Have a great one!

7 comments:

  1. Loved these kids pictures the best of all. The tap dancing...video watching...dressing...they were just absolutely precious! you do such a wonderful job of capturing not just the pose...but their spirits too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your week! Avery looks like she is getting back some of those pounds she lost when she was sick! That's great! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could sit down with a cuppa something hot and have a chat with you too! Great pictures and stories, brought a big smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for Avery making dinner all by herself!! That's awesome! And good news for Momma, too. ;)

    Aiden is getting so big!! Love the dance picture of him. That serious look on his face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you live in Boston? we were there for a short time on our vacation last week. it's beautiful up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Amanda makes me grin every week. And your little preppy school girl :)

    You know, I don't think I attempted to make dinner for my family until middle school.

    I basically took the weekend off from reading blogs (& now have over 100 to get through!), so I just now read all of your recent "peace" posts. You were so right about needing a tissue for Saturday's! I felt the first prick of tears when she said "I will never be a Tiger mom." Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessed indeed!
    I loved all your ordinary/extraordinary moments: Avery's meal, amazing; Amanda's boots, precious.
    I remember a day or two after Carrie Underwood sang How Great Thou Art, I was at the hair dressers and they were passing a cell phone around to listen to the moving performance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.