Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 Ways to Live in Peace, Day 9


Turn Off the TV

This post was much longer at one point, and in it, among other things, I expressed my views on television in general, but I think, for the purposes here, it is sufficient to say that, in order to maintain peace, it is a good idea to find alternate news sources than what we watch on TV.  (Don't you love commas?  Obviously I do)

In an hour news cast there is so much fluff and dramatization, it becomes hard to not get ourselves all wrapped up in it.  When you watch someone go on and on about the economy, or the war, or the government, or the lack of rain, its difficult to pull out of the funk that that will put your in.  Good to stay up on things?  Sure.  Better ways to do it than an hour of network news a day?  Yes!  Peace=limited to no television news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.