Saturday, October 8, 2011

31 Ways to Live in Peace, Day 8





Recognize Today as a Gift


You think this is just another day in your life…its not just another day, its the one day that is given to you…today.  And its given to you…its a gift.  Its the only gift that you have right now.  And the only appropriate response is gratefulness.  If you do nothing else but to cultivate that response through that great gift that this unique day is, if you learn to respond as if it were the first day of your life and the very last day then you will have spent this day very well.                          ~David Steindl-Rast


For waking me up this morning
For starting me on my way
For letting me see the sunshine of a brand new day
A brand new mercy along with each new day
That's why I praise You and for this I give You praise


Gratefulness will "bathe you" in peace.  Spend some time looking around you today, being thankful that you woke up, that we've turned to face the sun yet again.


1 comment:

  1. Lisa - Your writing is sure a gift from God. You just know how to put things into words so well.

    Love the picture too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.