Thursday, October 6, 2011

Best Friends!

Amanda and Aiden are having greater and greater pieces of time when they are playing well together.  Avery has become too sophisticated for some of Amanda's make-believe, so she's begun to embrace Aiden's enthusiasm and cooperation.  Plus, for the most part, she gets to call the shots and who doesn't like that.
Here are a few recent quotes.  I don't write them down like I should, thinking oh, that's so cute!  I'll remember that forever.  Yeah, right...in less than five minutes its gone.

Today is Uncle Micah's birthday (Shaun's 13 years younger brother) and Amanda dictated what she wanted written on his card.  Among her ramblings that I tried hard to keep up with was Its so hard for me to remember that your birthday is coming up and soon you'll be bigger than my dad.


Me: Amanda, what am I going to tell you?
Amanda: (monotone) Get your feet off the couch....should I?
Me: Um...yeah.
Amanda:  Well then, I beg your pardon.


Avery had just bought herself a new doll and she was in the backseat of the car playing.  She said, Her hair is so soft.  Mom...her hair kind of feels like yours....it feels...greasy.  Nice.

Amanda: Mom, I'm trying to draw our whole family swimming on a dolphin and I can't do it.  Would you please help me?  And why would we all be riding a dolphin?
Amanda: Mom!  (eyes bright)  I just spelled a word without anyone helping me!  You did?  What is it?  D-V-D!  So proud.  :)

"Avery is my best friend", said Aiden.


Aiden: Momma, may I please have some milk?  Actually....water!  Actually?!

Me: Amanda, I have that song stuck in my head that you were singing!
Amanda: You can get rid of it...just do what I did.
Me: What's that?
Amanda: I just shook it out of my head like this.



Jonathan said, "Go in peace! The two of us have vowed friendship in God's name, saying, 'God will be the bond between me and you, and between my children and your children forever!'"
I Samuel 20:42



3 comments:

  1. I vowed the other day to make a quote book and write down the funny things my two year old says...it's true, you think you will remember it, and then BAM, 2 seconds later it's completely gone!
    Cute quotes...they made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liliana went through a phase where she would shake things out of her head too... ha! :) Kid quotes are my favorite... kids are my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one thing i have enjoyed watching over the years is how my middle daughter is a best friend to each sibling...her older sister and her younger brother. i always tell her how blessed she is to be in the middle to have this advantage and benefit. it really is nice to see their relationships evolve over the years.

    *beautiful pictures of some beautiful kids*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.