Monday, October 10, 2011

Woman Runs Marathon, Gives Birth


Are you kidding me?!?

My husband left this article for me to see, From ESPN:
CHICAGO -- A pregnant suburban Chicago woman felt contractions a few minutes after finishing the Chicago Marathon and gave birth hours later to a baby girl.
Amber Miller was nearly 39 weeks pregnant when she started the 26.2-mile race on Sunday morning. The DuPage County woman told The Daily Herald in a telephone interview from her hospital bed that her doctor allowed her to run half the race and walk half the race.
Miller says she felt contractions after finishing at 6 hours and 25 minutes. When the contractions became regular she stopped to get a sandwich and then went to the hospital. Her daughter, June, was born at 10:29 p.m. weighing 7 pounds, 13 ounces.
Miller says she's happy but calls Sunday "the longest day of my life."

4 comments:

  1. I have no words...that is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide whether she is amazing or insane...or a little bit of both. Oh my! (PS - I have enjoyed your 31 Days posts - even though I haven't been able to keep up with all of them or comment. But, I love this challenge and love being able to pop over to blogs like yours each day this month and be encouraged by truth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what the big deal is. This wasn't her first marathon. She's been running for a very long time and did a marathon at 17 weeks. She followed her doctors directions and took it easy.

    Good for her for staying fit during her pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just going on my experience when I ran 5 miles 4 days before my second was born. It was raining and cold (late November) and it was fairly painful, with my joints feeling like they were rubbing together. I'd worked out my entire pregnancy and had been running for years and years.

    I guess its just a whole different ball game at the marathon level. I think she's great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.